Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi, like you i still have to wait until august until i am on my holidays . i still look in here every day to read other peoples reports and that makes the holiday closer and more exciting to look forward too
Maybe the quietness highlights the decline in people going to the Costa Brava! :shock:

I've had my hols, but i like popping in to read other people's opinions still, especially keen on hearing from people who go early season and their views on how their campsite was prepared (or not!)
There have been 99 hits on this post and only 2 replies, I don't think it is apathy. People must be on holiday or planning to go away, but I am like the others and am keen to read what is happening this year.

The hotel reviews do not reflect this because the main people who use them are natural complainers, so come on if you have had a good holiday post a reply and we will get a thread going.
so how many are returning to the Costa Brava and how many are going for the first time? If you are a returnee, what do you like about it? :D
Don't be shy- we don't bite! :lol: And if you are a guest viewer, why not register and take part? You can register and be on here in minutes.
maybe all the advice that we've given has been read and understood so there are no more questions to answer. :D
maybe its because there are fewer "new" people going to costa brava, and we are all old hands now.
its probably to do with people not having gone yet and so not experienced any problems to complain about, and them not realising that they can make use of this site and the knowledge of the users before they go.
still i'll be off again in 8 days for another long weekend in lloret.
i love the countryside and the rugged coastline where i can walk for miles if i choose to.
i like the fact that it is cheap to get there,at the moment thanks to ryanair, and relatively easy to arrange DIY packages.
i like the fact that the busiest resorts ie calella and lloret are the size of small towns in the uk, and so can easily be got round on foot.
i get the choice to eat and drink in either spanish bars/restaurants or can go into a "british" bar if i desire.
i find the people very friendly -more so than in other places i've been-probably because the size of the resorts mean the tourists probably use the same bars/restaurants more often than in bigger resorts so making friendships easier to develop.
i cant wait to go back,and have already booked to go again in september.
i am now looking at october and christmas, but the flights look too dear at christmas(£40 each way plus tax :wink: ) so i may wait till january and get the £0.01 flights
This year will be my 9th time holidaying on the costa brava, and i have always travelled by coach. I love the fery crossing , stopping at the service stops and looking around and the food . Have been to all the resorts and love the coastline's where you can walk for miles . The choice of getting on the train and travelling to other resorts for the day . The staff whether in bars hotels or restaurants have always been polite , and i always look forward to going back each year . I will be going in 8 weeks time for my annual 2 week holiday .
hi all!! i am a new user of this forum, and i am loving reading all your information you have all posted on here!! i am going out to lloret on the 10th august with my partner and my best mates amanda and ricky and i can't wait first time in llorett for us. :) anyone else on the forum going to be in llorett at time!! 8)
Hi lisa and welcome to HT!

To prevent any future posts being deleted, please do not post in phone style text, eg ur instead of your.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

luci :wave
okay luci i never noticed i had done it to be honest! :oops: i have edited my message ok? lisa.
Hi Lisa,

I am also going to Lloret on 10th August! Well to be more exact we are staying in the Fanals area which is a 20 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of Lloret. We have been twice before and have stayed at lots of other Costa Brava resorts over the years eg. Malgrat, Blanes, Santa Sussana, we love them all!

Are you flying or travelling by coach?
hi we are going by plane and are staying in the fenals area too! i can't wait it will be our first time in lloret, i have been to Malgrat but it was middle of October and everything was mostly shut! i was also pregnant at the time with my first child, 5 months gone, so me and my partner just really chilled out, that was four and half years ago. we are going to hotel samba, i have heard good but mostly bad about this hotel so fingers crossed eh! where are you staying? if you don't mind me asking? :D
Thanks for the understanding Lisa. :tup
luci :wave
HI everyone....Im off first 2 weeks in Oct to Callella DP...first time to the costa brava. I usually go Salou which is the Costa Delarado. I'm going by coach . I love mooching through all the forums and reading the info on every where. So keep posting especially about whats going on in Callela DP.
I need to loose weight before I go or wont fit in clothes. All you busy posters keep me out of the kitchen. When I get the munchies I take myself a brew into my spare room where my computer is ( I live in bungalow and kitchen opposite end of house) and get engrosed in reading all the new posts. Works a treat and reminds me why I am on diet. Maybe I should start a holiday slimming count down.
I can sympathise Tweetie ... i'm trying to lose weight in case i get away in September again (and i'm looking to go to Calella DP, so i'll post a review if i get there before you)

Living in a bungalow too, i always think the kitchen is too close!!! :lol:
Which coach firm are you going with?
Hi Cider monster...Going with Siesta...been to Salou with them for years. Last year we tried flying but worried about what could go wrong from minute we booked flights. As things did go wrong on way out (Gave us one boarding pass short and nearly missed flight ...had to run and sort it out back at check in which had shut...main desk sorted it and they held flight. Then despite paying extra as one of our party's had extra weight due to babies stuff the case went missing . We spent hours sorting it out at Reus airport, and no case for over a week. So worried all of my holiday about what could go wrong going home. )
So back to Siesta coaches and trying somewhere new this year.
My bungalow is elongated and kitchen is one end then living room then bedrooms on other end...spare room is on very end...my haven.
like that logic tweetiepie!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:( :( :( :( i was pleased to find this site and now there is no one chatting, can't believe no one has any thing to even say bout llorett where i am going on holiday, i am gutted. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hi Lisa..Sorry only going for first time to costa brava myself and am going to Callela DP. . .so dont know much about LLoret. Thought I would just come on for a chat as you feeling a bit lonely on here. I work weekend nights so very seldom on computer over the weekend.
I 'll come and post how I found Callella DP when I come back (but not going till first 2 weeks in October, and look forward to hearing how you found Lloret when you come back. Handy to know about other places so can figure out where to try next.
Mean while I will start a Costa Brava weight count down. So something to join in with while we all wait to go and waiting for everyone to come home...
I was 16 stone 10lbs :oops: after good christmas and bad year on the binge
Now am 16st after 3 weeks :D
Need to be 14 st 7lb to fit clothes and 10 weeks to go before my hols to Callella DP
Hi Lisa
Yes i will be somewhere on the costa brava from the 12 August, not sure where as yet as we booked a special , hubby is hoping its back to Fenals which is not too far away from Lloret . At that time of year Lloret will be buzzing and you will have a great time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.