Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Have a great time. The weather should be warming up nicely. Any questions just shout. :sun2
Cheers Asleema,im sure i will have a few querys before i go :cheers
Even though you've spelt my name wrong I've just PM'd you 'cos I'm not proud. Incidentally Aslemma actually means 'hello' in Tunisian Arabic - useful to gain you a few brownie points from the locals (and also not to let them know it's your first visit) :rofl

There is a lot more useful phrases here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/tunisian-arabic-phrases-t103656.html
Alan you will have to brush up on your haggling skills and get up to the Medina, there are also fixed price shops in Sousse and a wee trip down to Port el Kantaoui is good.
Been to Goa a few times so bring on the haggling lol
I practised in Casablanca, Bangkok and Hongkong's Nathan Road Market before trying out my skills in Sousse.. :rofl
Booked my flight today. 13th - 27th April, £112.48 (plus baggage) from Stansted to Enfidha, which I thought was very good (despite baggage cost being a rip-off). The website was a nightmare and I finished up on the phone after which I received a confirmation e-mail/invoice giving the wrong dates and no price whatsoever. Another phone call to a very apologetic man and it's finally sorted. I only hope I don't have the same problems when it comes to booking the hotel. :roll:
hats an excellent price for your flights Pat. :tup
Who are you flying with. :que
4 days to go..... beginning to look forward to a week in Cyprus
Thomas Cook Jean. They're starting twice-weekly flights from Stansted, my nearest airport, on Wednesdays and Saturdays and as I can get a free bus to the airport, and at the weekend a lift from the family to the bus which is only a couple of miles from me, I had to grab it. For my last few trips I've flown BA from Gatwick, as even after factoring in the cost of getting to and from the airport it's worked out cheaper than TC or Thomsons.

Have a great time in Cyprus Wizard. I haven't been there for years but thoroughly enjoyed it when I did.
Going to Tunisia for the first time. Staying at the Sahara Beach Resort in Skanes. 9 of us in total going 4 adults and 5 kids aged from 11-2. Flying from Glasgow on June 16th for 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Have a great time Mumblez. What is it with the Scots and Tunisia? The place is always fuil of them and some even have apartments there, including a friend of mine with a lovely 5th floor apartment overlooking Menchia beach in Hamman Sousse.
What is it with the Scots and Tunisia?

The package operators are so kind and benevolent to us Scots and Tunisia is one of the few places they actually allow us to fly out from a Scottish airport too :yikes we should feel soo grateful and humble to them for the privilege :bow

:think Ohh and Thomson's please note Manchester isn't a Scottish airport, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Prestwick and Glasgow are the main Scottish airports.

Rant over :D
Ohh and Thomson's please note Manchester isn't a Scottish airport

I'd like to say I can't believe Thomson's actually thought it was, but having experienced the lack of knowlege of some travel companies it doesn't surprise me in the least. :roll:
Maybe it's like a ryanair thing where they say it flies to Manchester, but really they mean 250 miles outside of Manchester....in Glasgow, which therefore makes it a Scottish airport.
only 20 more sleeps till we arrive at omar khyaham hotel and cant wait
Have a great time Paul, the forecast is for glorious weather, not that I envy you (she lied).:sun2
getting closer now only 10 more sleeps , and temp according a forcast is 37 and 39 for our first 2 days loverly jubbly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.