Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
going 11th june for 11days and 2nd october for 2 weeks. this will be the 23rd consecutive year that i'v been there.
now there's no bolera, see you at the waterfront.
We're going to the Golden Donnaire at La Pineda on 26th June for 2 weeks. We also got full board for the 1p more than half board - reviews look good for the hotel with lots of people returning time and time again. Can't wait!
yes joyceb, a lovely hotel.........While holiday in la pineda several years ago we called into the donaire a few times for the dancing in the evening. for me the position of the hotel is brill........At the edge / start of a very long , lovely flat , promenade..........a great bus service also mins away. Enjoy

harry
Going to El Paso in Portaventura, 2 weeks from 22nd May. Can't wait :D Going to be a very busy holiday lol.
hi, i am off to salou end of april for a week , just hope its warm enough.
This forum seems to be one of the least used on HT's. Am I right in thinking no one is going to Salou this year? Lol. Oh well , maybe I'll find a spot on the beach this time then!
I will be there, going on 25th July staying at H10 Salauris Palace :sun2
hooray, someone else! :)
We go 27th July staying at Avenida Suites!
Hi there Chivas,

the wife and i will " hopefully " be there in 2 weeks and 1 day time. lol I always knew that learning maths at school would help me later in life. We will be staying at the Golden Port/ spa hotel for a couple of weeks......and in all the many times we have been to salou, the beach is a place we didnt spend toooooo much time on, so you are welcome to that extra space...I have stayed in avendia some years ago, and will most likley pop in their again for a wee nosey around........The golden port hotel is a few places away. In approx 3 hours time we will be collecting our tickets . Of course thats when the wife decides to finish doing her hair lol ( bless )

All the best

Harry
hi,i am going on the 29th april, staying at the calypso hotel all-inclusive.
I haven't booked yet but I will definately be going to Salou again this summer, love the place and can not get enough of it :sun2
We are going in 5 weeks to the Delfin Park.
Very good choice Serena, really nice hotel. Also it was in the paper a couple of years ago as it was described as the cleanest hotel in Spain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-608674/The-worlds-healthiest-hotel.html
If this link is not allowed then just go into the Daily Mail website, type Delfin Park in the search option on the top right and it will bring up the article.

It is still owned by the same chain as when this award was given.

Enjoy your holiday. :cheers
Mark
We are there from 3rd August going to the Villa Marina, its our 5th stay there, got a fantastic deal by booking direct and flying Jet2
Just seen your post, Harry and I wish you and your wife a lovely holiday.
We will return to Salou sometime but next time we would choose to stay in
one of the hotels nearer the beach. We stayed at the Avenida Suites and
although it was nice, we were disappointed with the position of our room.
(A tip would be to ask for a pool view)
Hope you have many strolls along the prom. Cheers :cheers
hi and good morning to you " Suzie" from a dry coolish morning here in Belfast
this time tomorrow the wife and I ( hopefully) will be up and away to salou for 2 weeks............WE too have stayed in avendia and got a room over looking the road. we certainly will be having many strolls along the prom lol.........Salou has sort of become a second home for us, " approx 15th time" for us, maybe more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes we have been in other countries as well, but salou was for us............short plane ride, reasonable weather, some terrific dancers lol, and until recently a good exchange rate.............Both getting on a bit, with slight mobility diffs etc etc, so maybe, just maybe this will be our last..............having said that before lol :rofl a year or so ago lol
All the best susie and everyone..............What ever you are doing today, i hope you have a good one :wave:

harry
Hi...we are off to Dourada palace...22nd may..( hopefully) for 2 weeks ....this is our 2nd visit to the same hotel :cheers
Looks like I am off to the Avenida Suites in June :cheers

Been to Hotel Venecia Park 3 times, Hotel Marinada 5 times, Aparthotel Da Vinci 2 times, CYE Holiday Centre once, Cordoba Apartments once, Palas Salou Apartments once, Las Vegas once, Hotel Oasis Park once, Los Peces apartments once, Hotel Caspel once.

I actually thought I'd been there more than 17 times, I must have missed a few of the list :think

Looking forward to my 18th (??) visit as much as all the others.

I love to try other places as well and have been to Costa Brava, Blanca, Del Sol, Majorca, Menorca, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Algarve, Rhodes, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Australia etc. but still always love getting back to Salou (I feel more at home there than I do at home!!)

And I'm not going Ryanair this time either, I've decided to book a Thomson package purely because of the extra protection you get in the event that this volcano keeps going.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.