Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
can you give us a few more details?
The bus did not take us to our destination we had to get a taxi there was no one at the apartment the key was in another hotel which I had to walk to. The roads and pavements were fenced off it was dark I am using a stick as I am disabled eventually got into the apartment it was cold and damp no heating except a very small heater. No decent bedding one blanket with holes in could not unpack as the cupboard was damp, could not shower as it was to cold and when we were able the shower flooded the room as the bracket would not hold it The manager and the customer service were of no help at all spent an horrendous week.
Sorry but we need more information.

1 - Where was the holiday taken?
2 - What is the name of the accomodation.
3 - You say the bus did not take you to the apartment - who was the transfer with? Did you get a receipt for the taxi?
4 - Did you contact Holiday Gems whilst you were there to raise a complaint.
5 - Have you kept all the documentation?
6 - How you complained to HG? Have you put it in writing and sent it recorded delivery?

I understand you are upset but he above information is needed - we may have some more questions but it is essential we know this before we can offer any advice.
Hi
Can you provide some more details?
1-Benidorm. 2-Amalia apartments 3-bus company abas taxi company Amigo and yes I have a receipt 4- I asked the manager of the apartment the next morning to phone the holiday customer service which he did 5-I have all the documents 6-I contacted the holiday company complaint department by email as soon as I came back and I have been in touch with them ever since 6- I have not put it in a letter

I am very upset as I was looking forward to this holiday very much appreciate your help
No help from any source just sent an email to ATOL see if anything comes of it
Telephone calls and emails are all very well but do not work as you have found. Here on HT we have always advised that people put any complaints in writing and send registered/signed for delivery. The purpose of doing this is to establish a proper paper trail should you decide to take legal action. The proof of the signed for service ensures they cannot say they have no record of calls or have lost emails etc.
Telephone calls should be recorded by these companies but sometimes are no - technical reasons are a good excuse for these companies. The same applies with emails somehow not being received.

You might find it useful to contact Trading Standards and ask them for advice, they might not take up your case but will advise you the best way to take it forward. I have used them in the past and by following their advice I have a 100% success rate.

In the case of ATOL they protect your money if a company involved in your holiday goes bust before you depart, and guarantees you will be brought home if the
company collapses while you're abroad. Complaints such as yours do not come under their remit
Following on from my comment about Trading Standards if you look here

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/claim-compensation-for-a-holiday/

This tells you what to do. As it says you can speak to someone who will advise you on the best course of action. As I said before when I have had a problem in the past then I have made use of this site and the template letters which make things so much easier. The important thing to remember is that it is FREE.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.