Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Maryjo
go to http://www.indiamike.com like this site youll have to join but spend an hour on it first and youll get to know everything you need to know about any part of india
hope this helps sharon
Firstly-Udaipur is beautiful, I went there in 1999 and it is a lovely place to stay. Can't help you on the hotel though as I didn't stay at either of those. If you fly to Delhi, Agra is about 4 hours by coach. Udaipur and Agra are very far apart so if you think you can handle a long train ride then go for it-probably overnight. A closer visit to Udaipur would be say, Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, it isn't too far and also a lovely place to visit in the desert!
If you plan on going in November try the Pushkar camel fair near Udaipur or there is a train tour called the Palace on wheels that takes in all the sights including Udaipur and the Taj Mahal http://rajasthan.pushkarfestivals.com/palaceonwheels.html

Hope it`s of some use :wink:
Eight or nine days is certainly enough for a two-centre holiday.

Try KLM.com (they operate with NWA and Air France) or opodo. You should be able to get a flight from Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Glasgow to Delhi via a short stop in Amsterdam. I don't think it should be much more than flying direct and if it saves driving time, petrol and parking it may be worth considering.

Lots to do and see in Delhi and a day trip to Agra is possible (195km). We went on a day trip to Agra (hired a driver though our hotel) from Delhi and visited forts, temples Fatehpur Sikri and the Taj. Taking in all the sights in one day was a bit hectic so I would suggest booking an overnight stay in Agra either before you left or when in Delhi. A lot of hotels in Delhi have travel counters.

Getting to Udaipur from Delhi (660km). Indian Airlines and Jet Airways have flights. Alternatively there is the train. Both can be pre-booked via the internet. Check out India Mike for tips with train booking / accom.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.