Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Holiday Mate LTD
22 Posts
hello am new to this site have booked with holiday mate and due to go on the 24 to olu deniz the price was really good there transfer price is a little high but they seem good haqve not recived my tickets yet but seems they come 7 to 10 days before you go have booked my own transfer
Used holidaymate loads of times for holidays to Turkey. Never had a problem.

Denny
I have also booked with Holiday Mate, due to go on the 4th of June,

I have tried ringing the customer services line and they never answer,

I have left messages but they do not ring back as promised,

I had one response to an email i sent saying, tickets would arrive 7-10 before travel is that normal for them?

If i had used one of the "Big Companies" my tickets would have been here last week at the latest.

Beginning to get worried that they have dissapeared of the face of the earth along with my money.

GM06
Ian
we booked with them on friday to go on the 1st june promised tickets would be emailed friday night no tickets customer services dont work weeked ends rang holiday line they said they would sort tickets email this morning
I read with interest the comments re holiday mate. We are booked to travel in September so could some of those who posted queries about holiday mate previously let me know how things went. I know that they are ATOL registered.
as i posted earlier recieved tickets after chasing them up holiday went perfect no problems
Hi Jimmy. Could not see your earlier post so thank you for taking the trouble to answer. We are booking Olu Deniz which looks good.
Hi Granny
we went to overcik on our holiday only went into olu to use the beach but enjoyed the area we normally go to icmeler but wanted to try olu area we go to gumbet in september with our friend but will return to oolu area next year have a nice holiday
regards jimmy
Thank you Jimmy. I will post details on our return. this site is excellent for exchange of information.
Granny
do this company do transfers from the airpor like thomson if not how much do they charge i was looking at the prices for the palm wings resort in altinkum and its a good £200 cheaper than thomsons

suzie

p.s any info would be grateful
you have to book your tranfers seperate we have never been to altinkum so cant tell you how much but im sure someone else will help you
Hi Suzie. We have now booked with holiday Mate. The transfer cost from Dalamat to Olu Deniz is £ 39.00 per person. Olu Deniz is approximately 1 hour from the Airport. I did see one other company who were quoting £ 80 for the transfer. Hilary who does the bookings for holiday mate lives in hisronio with her husband and 2 children. Her husband is from the area.
Hello Again. I forgot to mention that with holiday mate you will have to pay seperately for in flight meals at a cost of £ 15 per person.
just wondering if anyone had any problems with this company at all??
Hi, we booked a holiday with them this june, just paid balance last week and received tickets etc. by e-mail, had a problem originally with the transfer but got there eventually, the transfers they offer are expensive so i said i would use resorthoppa, they immediately matched that price, i have never used holiday mate before, the holiday price was a bargain so fingers crossed it will be ok :cheers
I have booked a week with this company and am in the process of trying their price guarantee and I am not expecting a good out come!!Ten minuets after I had booked and payed for my holiday I found the exact same trip £200 cheaper on another web site. just a bit upset !! But they promise to match any holiday that you can find if it is the same.You have to email them with the details and wait three working days and they would get back to you.Well today was three working days and I had had no reply so I phoned them.They didnt have any record of my email and I have been told that the guarantee only works before you have booked....well if you found it cheaper before you had spent your money with them wouldnt you have booked it with the cheaper site????Not only that but they charged me 1% to use my debit card when if I had done it on line I could have used paypal and got my points on my amex.. Fingers crossed ,they say they will talk to the boss but I dont hold out much hope !
If the wording is that they will match prices for the identical holiday with another agency then this usually means that if you provide them with proof of this before booking that that they will then reduce their price to the same as the competitors. It doesn't necessarily mean that if you later find the same holiday cheaper that they will then refund the difference. This is because prices in the travel industry are very fluid and prices often fluctuate and can drop considerably nearer the time of departure if a company needs to offload unsold holidays. It would not really be a viable business model for them to offer the same sort of price matching policy as for example John Lewis.

You need to let us know the exact wording used on any documentation you have from Holiday Mate. I've tried to check on their website myself but don't seem to be able to access it at the moment.

SM
Just tried again and been able to get on - the terms and conditions of their offer

http://www.holidaymate.com/Refund.htm

And on reading this it would appear that you do have a case for getting a refund of the difference but they also make it clear that the two holidays must be absolutely identical in all respects with them placing a lot of stress on the flights component of the dynamic package they put together for you being exactly the same as for the holiday you are asking them to price match. This suggests to me that perhaps there is something that they include in the flight price that others are likely to exclude or that they usually use flights that aren't used by most agents and hence means that they can then say that the holidays are not identical?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.