Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Been a couple of times in October and from what I could see everything was operating as "normal" - although from memory I thought the Waterpark at La Pineda had closed a week or so earlier :cry:

Weatherwise it can be mixed - We had one week of changeable weather (overcast/some rain but never cold) and one week of warm bright sunshine - I think you have to take pot luck !
thanks scoop :)

we always used to go to the costa del sol in either oct or feb and always warm / dry then ,only saw rain a couple of times

think we will just go for it :)
Hi Rachie B - we went in October two years ago. Had a great time. Port Aventura is fab. Was disappointed with the water park as only small indoor part which was open - not much to do. But the Theme park made up for it. The Halloween theme which is on then really makes it special. We plan to return next October.
thanks skyegal

would you say not to bother going to the water park then ? my kids are 10 and 4

how warm was it when you went???
went in October last year and staying at the Dorada Palace.

Port Aventura is great with the halloween theme. parades on Saturday night which is cool. We went early in October and generally the park was really quiet you could stay on rides and go round time and time again. Definitely worth buying a 7 or 14 day pass in advance. Costa Caribe was poor. We got a day included in our pass for Port Aventura but think they have stopped this now. The waterpark in La Pineda closed on 14 October last year so probably earlier than you'll be going.

weather was hit and miss. First few days bright hot sunshine. definitely in the 80s. Then almost a week of rain! But never cold. Then more sunshine

However the resort was closing whilst we were there. Bars like Kiss and some restaurants were boarding up their windows for winter. I'd say about 25% of the resort was closed by the time we came away in the third week.

it was a bit disappointing with the weather, but we were in a nice hotel and went to Port Aventura all the days it rained. You strap on your poncho you get for the waterrides and just get on with it!!

We got an absolute steal of a deal and its a no brainer - I would definitely go back to Salou anytime, and I'd still give October a whirl cos there's so much to do. train to Barcelona etc

Rich
thanks rich ,its good to know that port aventura is still enjoyable in oct as thats the main reason for us going TBH kids have seen it on the telly !!

that and a trip to barcelona

cant wait now :D
Hi there Rachie B
Just to let you know that you can still buy the theme park tickets with the water park included for a day,i have got mine from KEITH PROWSE and paid £52 for a 14day pass it was the same price for 3 days as they are on offer, if you go to KEITH PROWSE and click on to spain it gives you the prices at the bottom look for fun and splash tickets or you can book them at the travel agents, hope this helps
Hi Rachie - we stayed in El Paso Hotel so got free passes into Costa Caribe. We could go as often as we liked - but ended up going only the once as we were disappointed with it. Don't think I would rush to "pay" to go in if only inside bit open. You are as well using the pool at your hotel. But the Theme Park is great and your kids will love it. Lots for the 10 year old to do and plenty rides the younger one can go on. Mine were 5 and 3 when we went and they had a ball. Going back next year when they will be 8 and 6 so will get something different out of it as able to go on different rides. They are very strick about height restrictions for rides.

The weather was good when we were there. Hot during the day ( but not roasting!). Cooler in the evening but no rain.
excellent thanks ,hope we are as lucky with the weather :D
Hiya,

We went in the October a couple of years ago and the weather was great. We did not go to the Costa Caribe park as with being late season only the indoor bit was open but we did go to the Aquapolis in nearby Pineda. The Aquapolis was great and easy to get to with the local bus service so don't bother with the reps trips its easy to do yourself.
Everywhere was still open but a little quieter and the one bonus was that a lot of the bar prices etc were slightly lower with it being late season.
You will have a great time :D

Tracey
HI Rachie B...put on the glad rags and be prepared to enjoy your hols come what may.. I have gone out to
salou for about 9 yrs now . I have been once end of July . Never again too busy and too hot. I have been twice end of september . Brilliant . I usually go first 2 weeks in October. The weather is great , rains usually in the night. The only year We had rain was last year
I have like you had to go end of October. We had the last 2 weeks of the season... The weather was lovely except for the last day when we were on our way home . It was overcast.
The bonus for you going late is the SALES . I had a field day the year we went late October. Your money will go futher as the shops try to sell out before they shut down . As there is less customers the resturants ect have more competition, and so special offers are every where.
The queus in the theme parks are small if there are any, and its not too hot for the children running around.
I fly out on the 30th Sept this year.
:) Hi tweetie pie im going out on the 22nd september this year till the 6th october so do you think it will still be good weather wise as i just keep thinking its going to be really miserable for some reason although its a good time to go because its a bit quieter then as the kids have gone back to school,
annx :)
hi
we went to salou in july in fact just got back weather was far to hot i would not go back in july again def be october from now on for us however we still had a fab holiday
Hi Annlawrence.....Going on past holidays weather should be great ...Like one of our usual hot summers...Best time for going with children...I myself am flying out 1st October ( not 30th Sept as I said ...was going on coach then changed to flying so is a day later than first booked)
:) Thanks guys thats great to hear really helpful,put my mind at rest now,
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.