Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
As they state it is not a confirmed booking until they reconfirm with you. They didnt reconfirm but came back and said that price is not available ( mistake or not it doesnt really matter ). I cant see they have done anything wrong accept maybe some misleading advertising. If you knew the price was wrong anyway I cant really see what the complaint is.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Thanks for reply Stewart,

tell you what, you are right. Why do i think i should have a complaint? All the company did was advertise a wrong price! Lets be honest, i thought i could get a cheap holiday out of them. Thats bad and not my style. You hear of people getting cheap deals because of goods priced wrong and i thought no different in this case.

I am ashamed i even thought of taking it any further and i am going to contact the company and apologise for my actions!!

I didnt really feel comfortable with this situation anyway which is probably why i was going to give it away if it came to anything. Anyway, a lesson learnt and lets all get back to being respectable citizens!

So please, nobody else post any info on this subject as i think it only correct that i call this topic officially closed!!!

Thanks
Relax they advertised it and as you say sometimes there are bargain deals special promotions, late sales etc. You have done no wrong let it go.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Danazacurt - Why should you contact the company and apologise? As far as I'm concerened you saw a holiday for £100, and went for it, who wouldn't? I certainly would, and I'd be so peeved off to be told "Oh no sorry, we advertised it at a wrong price", their mistake not yours, I think this is a case of false advertising, and think the company should have honoured the original offer, just my opinion, for what it's worth. BBB.
danzacurt

You only did what most of us would have done - dont feel bad about it - thats what this forum is for after all :D :D

Best wishes
A lot of companies do this to get you to call them up for them to say "Sorry, we haven't got any holidays left on that departure date but if you go a week later you only have to pay an extra £1000"

This has happened to me on a number of occasions.
I have a really good piece of advice dont do travel bookings on the internet because most of the time it's deliberatly missleading. It was probably, actually definately not there in the first place. £100 for all of your flight, I dont think so ! They put these prices on to gain interest which is actually illegal. Contact trading standards and they will prosecute them if that holiday didn't exist at the time of you enquiry. Use a travel agency that is what they are there for. You get what you pay for.
There are many good deals to be had on the Internet with many reputable and bonded companies.

You are not a travel agent by any chance are you Kaylouise.

Kind Regards
Stewart Wilkie
Got to agree with Stewart on this one.

We most of the time book Virgin - a reputable operator. They more often than not offer discounts when booking online. So booking through their website is cheaper than booking with them over the phone.

And reading the profile of Kaylouise, her profession is stated Travelagent.

Maybe she should have stated in her post that she is one.

Mark :D
Even after pricing up a deal on the internet with the likes of Virgin its worth a call to a travelagent because they maybe able to match or better the price.
Which we always do but they never seem to be able to match the price. Mind you - we always book when the discounts go up to 15% or even 20% during certaini times of the year. You have to watch their website all the time because these offers only last a few days.

We have just booked with Virgin for next year,not only did our travel agent price match the online price from Virgin but gave us a further £300 discount,i would always ask the travel agents before booking if they will price match an online price.With regards the orginal posting no-one should feel sorry for trying to book a cheap holiday but as already been said alot of companies advertise then tell you that the price has changed but still try to persuade you to book.
re
hi there.

I am a travel agent, and must admit that sometimes we get beaten by the internet but majority of the time we are able to match or beat the prices offered, at the end of the day some people prefer face to face contact, some are not bothered, each to their own!!

RE Virgin, I booked someone to Antigua this week with Virgin and our price was £183 cheaper than he got on Virgins website, and that was actually the travel agents screen price so I didnt even have to dip into the commission that we earnt as an agency.

It does pay to try both!

Ps Mark - Why should Kaylouise have stated that she was a travel agent, it is there on her profile, she is not hiding anything!

Happy Holidays.
As you asked the question, let me answer it for you:

Many members are not totally aware of all the facilities these message boards offer. Have a look at the Help and Assistance pages for example, and what to you-and-me might look like a simple task, quite a few members are strugling with. Why not be honest and state that you ARE a travelagent (like you did) when making comments such as

I have a really good piece of advice dont do travel bookings on the internet because most of the time it's deliberatly missleading.

what the travel company did was not illegal. by advertising a holiday at a price which states not confirmed until blah blah... they are merely advertising and it is an invitation to treat. they pose no contratual agrrement with you to keep that price. basically they are not bound as they have their exemption clause ie terms and conditions. the arent binded by an invitation to treat.

i always book through a travel agent, this isnt due to a lack of deals its merely more a fear of credit card fraud and the peace of mind of a real person dealing with my holiday face to face
Of course I'm a travel agent and an experienced one at that. I agree there are some good deals on the internet but in most cases they are no different to what you could book in an agency. The point I am making is that's fine if you know what you're doing but by reading most of topics on this site that's not the case for a lot of people. I mean come on in this case the guy in question thought he could get a holiday for 4 to disneyland paris for the same price as train ticket to london. I'm giving informed advice. The type of advice that you're web sites don't. :lol:
I'm giving informed advice. The type of advice that you're web sites don't.

Actually, you are not the only person who posts here who is in a position to offer informed advice; albeit that some of it may be from a different perspective. :wink:
My personal take on travel agents? They perform a useful function for many people, and I don't doubt that a lot of them do earn their commission. However, be aware that many high street travel agencies are owned by the big tour operators, and commercial interests being what they are, they will probably try to flog you their own holidays first rather than those of their competitors; and the differences in prices between tour operators for the same holiday can sometimes amount to hundreds of pounds.

Having said this, if you are prepared to put a bit of time and research into finding the holiday you want and shop around, my experience is that you can usually get a better price by booking directly on the net.
Agreed! shopping around in any industry can be benificial. You are definately correct that some travel agencies are obliged to sell certain products. I in fact have worked for both a multiple and an independent but this isn't my argument. My argument is that travel agencies can be as competative as the internet and generally provide a more informed service.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.