Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
everywhere, every time, everything GOOGL !
It's not good for our generation
Although I have a Google account, I still haven't quite worked out what Google plus actually is. Is it just a portal to tie up everything you do on Google and everything they know about you and put it all in one place nice and tidy so that the hackers can get to know everything about you more easily?
I have a G+ account too, which I signed up for my online business but I hate it with a vengeance. Like all things Google, they make everything so much like hard work all the time so I rarely use it. I much prefer Twitter!

Incidentally, I never log into Google when I'm browsing - they know too much about us.
I've got a Google + account too, I don't know how I managed that - I must have clicked something that I shouldn't have.

It's just sitting there, I've never signed into it and I would like to get rid of it, but I did read somewhere that if you just delete it, it deletes all your YT videos too. Apparently you've got to separate YT from Google+ before you hit the delete button.

They definitely know too much about us.

Sanji x
Wow

You are on Google+

Isn't it about time you posted a lot more content ???
Google+ is a really good advertising medium for travel companies and lots use them to push holidays so HT ought to be pushing the reviews about places being promoted to provide realism for readers and advertise that HT is around
Lensman 2002 wrote:
Wow

You are on Google+

Google+ is a really good advertising medium for travel companies and lots use them to push holidays so HT ought to be pushing the reviews about places being promoted to provide realism for readers and advertise that HT is around

About time who posted a lot more content?
What "content"?

Advertising medium?

Pushing reviews?

Well there goes the unbiased independance of another forum
botany bay wrote:
Lensman 2002 wrote:
Wow

You are on Google+

About time who posted a lot more content?
What "content"?

Advertising medium?

Pushing reviews?

Well there goes the unbiased independance of another forum

NO Botany Bay the forum can use G+ to advertise ITSELF as do a lot of companies on there

Are you on G+ ?? the number of posts that HT can place using precises of reviews with links back to the Reviews page is only limited by the reviews that we write

I was NOT suggesting that HT advertise holidays just the reviews of the members
I believe that if you have any form of account with Google (YouTube, G-Mail etc) that they now automatically assign you a G+ account. I remember a few years ago I suddenly was given a googlemail account even though I never requested one and admittedly don't use it.

Do be wary though, Google have a tendency to automatically upload and save your photos! Especially be aware of this if you have an Android phone as it can cause problems with your data allowance. You have play around with account settings to switch this off.
The problem with having one login for all google platform is that if you have a problem with your login for one of them, you will have a problem with all of them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.