Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
hi all,
could anyone tell me the prices of the trip to morrocco and gibralta through the first choice reps and if anyone has been to the morrocco trip,
thanks x
Would be way cheaper to get bus down to benalmadena or walk to fuengirola and book with one of the local shops, tour ops are much more expensive.

I can't remember exactly how much it was booking with local shops but certainly remember at the time commenting how cheap the coach trips were.
Hi,

We're going here on 4th September and I was wondering if the Beach Club will still be open? It doesn't say anything in the brochure we have about it closing on a particular date, but thought I would check with you lot.

Thanks,
Emma
Hi, we are also going on 4th Sept, we went the same time last year and everything was open. We were really worried about going last year after reading all the reviews but i would take them all with a pinch of salt if you havent been before, we couldnt find anything to complain about.
Hi, we have just booked for the holiday village costa del sol, for august 2010. cant wait, been waiting for so long to book. can anyone give me any info on the place, and is anyone going round the same time. found the cost of holiday really expensive, but we are all inclusive. x
They have now opened up the Beach Club which is meant to be Exclusive to the Holiday Village to the Polynesia Hotel. We were booked to go to the HV in 5 weeks time and have now changed to go elsewhere as we weren't informed or happy about this.
Not only will they be using the same pools but also all of the facilities at the Beach Club.
Quick Review

Stayed here the second week of June 09 with our 5 and 2 year old, all inclusive. Absolutely loved it and have no problem in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Plus Points - Big Spacious Rooms, First Choice Reps Brill, Beach Club and Pools Fab, Food Very Good

Minus Points - Pirate Ship Pool Very Cold, Maid Never Left Bath Towels, Reception Can Be Very Slow, On Site Shop (Rip Off), Location

Dont forget when you arrive they will want 100 euro deposit for safe, tv controls and pool towels. Make sure if you have children to get down on the early sitting for Tea Time 6.30-7.30 in the restaurant. The on site shop is very very expensive eg 3 euro for a loaf and 2 euro for beans etc, god help anyone going self catering. If you book a late check out room but warned that your door card will not work after 12 noon on day of departure and you have to go back to reception to get it validated again. The kids really enjoyed the beach club splash pools. We found the walk from the hotel to the beach club over the bridge fine, it takes about 5 mins and is blown out of all proportion. Any questions please feel free to ask. Would return to the hotel anytime again and probably will do.
Just booked to go first week in October. Just read reviews and not too happy now. Also the weather looks bad. Has anyone stayed there that time of year?
Hi lolly knott :tup I always find it helps if you take some reviews with a big pinch of salt. We are going to H/V 2weeks tonight and this will be our 3rd time staying there at this time of year. Last year it rained for the first 3days but was hot and sunny rest of the week. After the summer we have had here in the UK I wouldn`t mind that. The place was clean, the food hot and a good variety. The usual theme nights, India/Chinese/Mexican/Italian. Staff friendly. The only thing that let it down for me was it is in the middle of nowhere. So unless you are AI its going to cost you to get around. We go AI but do like to have a look around. The wave pool closes at the end of September (unless its changed) but theres still the other pools for the kids to use. Dont worry you will have a great time. :cheers
Hi jokluz ;) One of the hotels main features is a massive water park with wave machine so there is lots to keep the kids happy. As well as the other pools and play area over the beach club there is daily activities from the in2action team. No nearby shops I am afraid, and the shop inside the hotel is pricey so I would go well stocked up. Unless you fancy a bus/taxi ride into Benalmadena or Fuengirola. Thats why its a good idea to go AI. If you have any other questions just fire away. I will post a review when I get back. All the best.

Mike :cheers
Just got back, and things have changed a bit. Not what we expected for our 3rd visit. Looks like the Polynesian is taking a lot off the Village. Have put a review up so you can judge for yourselves. Have a look at the review I posted last year to compare.

Cheers..mike :cheers
I am going to book an airport transfer to the Holiday Village and I am required to enter the area of the hotel.
The options are - Benalmadena Town, Costa or Sunset. We didn't realise that Benalmadena was in three parts.
I have booked transfers to Torremolinos and Fuengirola before and all that was needed was the name of the hotel.
Hope you can help. Thanks
I know the area quite well, having just returned from there on Sunday. The obvious answer is Benalmadena COSTA, as the Holiday Village is several miles out of Benalmadena proper - much nearer Fuengirola and Torremuelle.
I suspect Benalmadena Sunset (in taxi transfer speak) refers to the area around Sunset Beach Club, so, yes, go for Costa.
Thanks Tony. Just looked at hotel through Travel Republic site and they class it as being in Benalmadena Sunset.
Having a bit of trouble finding it and the other hotels in the area on a map. Any info greatly appreciated.
You'll find the Holiday Village/Palace (No 32) on this excellent interactive map.
http://www.benalmadena-arroyo.com/hotel-map.php
hi all,we are off to the holiday village in april for 2 weeks s/c for the first time,just wonderd if anyone has any good advice or info on the resort,there will be 4 adults & 3 chilldren.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.