Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

Looking for information on the a la carte restaurants and which would you recommend and why for a four year olds birthday???

Also the website says there is Wifi any body know how reliable it is?

The chinese is lovely, but we like chinese!! we have found the a la cartes a bit of a pain with the kids as they dont want to sit still for long enough. My son had his 6th birthday there in March and the waiters brought a cake out singing happy birthday and playing drums. They will also decorate your parasol by the pool.

karen
Thanks Karen, we love Chinese too but the birthday boy isn't too keen so may save that for another night! I was tempted by the Italian - but as its one of our first nights I wanted some reviews on them all!

Decorating the parasol sounds so cute - he'll be over the moon with himself!!

by the sounds of what I have read the hotel sounds better by the day and I am getting more and more excited by the day!!

Anybody any more tips and or advice? - I usually find something really useful out 2 or 3 days before going home!!!

Thanks all
Your welcome Debs, glad you got a reply at last

L x
We go on the 14th July, is anyone going to be there then, we have 2 boys age 2 and 6.

karen
hi the la cartes the chinese was ok indian nice n the med is lovely theres also a fish one on the beach the lighthouse that is fab but u have to pay for it
Hi All,

Just arrived back this morning! Very Disapointed.........Hated the place & tried to get moved to another Hotel! Will write a review over the weekend :(

Debs x
didnt u like it ruby lou i went last year dont think i wud go back in a hurry tho lol x
Hiya!

We hated it! The place is only just over 4yrs old but its scruffy, trash everywhere, Swimming Pool close 6 times due to people pooing in it! Kids running wild 24/7 Sunbed fights daily! I never layed in past 5.45 any day :( :( Fixtures & fittings falling apart! Beach like a building site with almost 70% of beds broken! I got very ill for 4 Days!
I could go on & on............

So disapointed!

Debs
oh dear didnt have any poo in pool wen i was there n the beds were ok on the beach but we all got ill tho dreaded stomach bug even tho we did all the usual things no ice hand wash the lot lol
Considering booking HV Red Sea for July 2012. There will be two adults in our party and 2 children aged 16 & 14 (one boy one girl). Could anyone recommend which room type to go for, are the beds all in the same room or is there any privacy for me and my other half? Any advice welcome cant wait to book prices seem to be shooting up now
Hi scooby

Not sure if money is an issue however,

When I went with my two of a similar age it wasn't that much more expensive to book two standard rooms as to book a family room. You will probably be in block 13 up the back near the heated pool, but that wasn't an issue for us. I felt we got much more space, two bathrooms, two lots storage etc and a lot more privacy for all.

I've done this three times in Sharm, At one of the hotels it was actually cheaper than the family room :que

Just a thought though as I am not sure what prices are doing at them moment due to the down turn in Red Sea tourism, and havent been for a couple of years.

Doe :sun2
Doe

Thanks for the advice, sound like a good idea I'll get on and check the prices.

Scooby
Just to say I don't think you can get connecting rooms at the HV, but that wasn't an issue for us as mine were something like 14 & 16 at the time, i just requested rooms next door to each other and we got those even though I only booked 4 weeks before we went. Dont know if that was more down to luck than judgement though ?

I did email Ramy 48 hours before I went as to ask for adacent rooms, plus got first Choice to put it on my booking. He was the contact at the time, but may have moved on to the Sensatori. i'm sure someone will know who the new contact is.

Doe :sun2
I've had connecting rooms at the HV but looking at it tonight there was only 1 connecting room left and you need to book 2 rooms :que
We were last there in 2008 and we were looking at going there again in August next year but reading through different posts about it looking tired and shabby I'm wondering if it would be best to go for the Coral Sea Splash Resort instead.
Got back from the Concorde el Salam in Sharks Bay 2 weeks ago and was really wanting somewhere with evening entertainment for next year which CSSR doesn't seem to have and HV does.
Has anybody been to the new Splash Resort AND the HV and can give an honest opinion of both so I can make an informed choice?
Thanks in advance, Emma x
Can anyone also tell me what the wi-fi situation is please?
Hi

We returned from HV early hours Saturday - it was amazing!

We did have to move rooms (from block 14 to block 10) after 3 days as the room we were in was too small for a family of four and was really far away from the main pool/splash pool and wasn't the all singing and dancing room that the travel agent had sold us the new room was much bigger and the hotel staff helped to move all the luggage. We later found out that if we had have gone straight to reception on the morning after arrival and not waited to see the rep at the welcome meeting then they would have moved us that day I think the rep thought that after 3 days we would have been settled and not bothered about moving!

Our kids (aged 6 and 4) loved it too - the ifive live team (all 47 of them) are fantastic, between the kids clubs and activities around the pool you are spoilt for choice of things to do - we we're there for 2 weeks and could have very easily stayed another week!

My husband did get an off tummy but nothing serious (he didn't have to spend the day in the room and was nothing different as what one of the family usually experience on any holiday) and was soon on the mend after taking the tablets bought at the pharmacy. Neither I nor the two kids got sick at all and did have ice-creams, ice in drinks and did eat all different types of food. In fact we did nothing different to my husband!

The only thing I didn't really like was SOME of the other guests who for some unknown reason thought they were better than other guests and seemed to have manners similar to that of ally cats both towards the staff and other guests. :que

Getting a sunbed was a bit of a pain you could see some guests used just their own towels (which obviously we put out during the night!) and then didn't turn up until after 11am, which I suppose is not much different to other hotels and we had no problems getting beds beside the activity pool or splash pools everyday at around 8am (one of us went to the pool while the other got the kids ready then we all went for breakfast together!)

All in all an amazing holiday and the first holiday that both my husband and I have said we would return next year (we usually say yes we'd go back but after a few years maybe) in fact it's the first holiday where I wasn't even ready to come home on our last day!
stemma wrote:
Can anyone also tell me what the wi-fi situation is please?

There is WiFi access in most rooms but you need to obtain a free passcode from reception. Going back to this place for the third time next year. Can't wait :)
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.