Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We are travellin to the Holiday Village in 4 weeks time :sun2 , can anyone advise me what the situation is with Pool Towels? We've been a couple of other Holiday Villages and these were provided but can't find anything for this one.

Thanks
L x
hi
yes pool towels are provided and you can change them every day
you had to pay for wi fi in feb this year dont know if it has changed since then
Thanks for your reply Suzanne131 :tup That helps lighten the load a bit ;)
Can anyone tell me if the rooms have hairdryers? I've checked the brochure but doesn't mention this at all from what I have seen

Thanks
L x
We had a standard room last year and, yes, it did have a hairdryer.
hi i am going t the holiday village in 2 weeks this is our second visit we loved it last year. i was wanting to know if you get free wifi in the rooms? can anyon help? :)
I got back a week today and there was no free wi-fi anywhere. You can buy cards for access but that is charged at £2.50 for 15 mins or I think £3.50 for 30 mins.

Have a great hols : )
hi i am taking a 6 month old baby to the holiday village can anyone tell me if they will blend some food up for me or will i have to just feed him powdered food and jars? any other tips where babies are concerned will be welcome :)
Going to the HV for the second time in August 2012 and have booked a swim up room.
Could anybody tell me which block is the best one for the sun all day. :sun2
I've read that block 13 and block 7 are good fora ll day sun but just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance, Emma
Block 7 is better than block 13 as apart from getting the sun all day it also overlooks the lovely gardens. :tup
Hi,

I also have a swim-up room location question (I'm going to the HV in July, can't wait!). Anyway, which is the block that overlooks the 'quiet pool'. I'm not bothered about having sun all day and also I'm sure my teenagers would prefer to be closer to some sort of activity (I know it's meant to be the quiet pool, but I've heard that it actually isn't that quiet!).

Thanks for any help.
Hi Rose,The quiet pool will probably be quiet in July as all the other pools will be warm enough to swim in.
We have only been in December when the quiet pool was the only one heated and it was a nightmare!
I think block 13 is the swim up that overlooks this pool but it also overlooks other accommodation blocks so it not so scenic as block 7.
Hi Rose :wave: This isn't a massive hotel by Sharm's standards, it's a nice size, big enough not to be overcrowded, but small enough not to be too sprawlly if that makes sense.

In the summer all the pools should be OK even the swim up pools - these were still freezing in April the year we went - everyone staying in swim-ups who wanted a swim went to the 'quiet' pool, but they of course had the benefit of their private terraces & personal sunbeds which is a big bonus, especially if the hotel is busy.

If you have teens they will probably be dashing back & forth between the 'quiet' pool at the back of the resort & the main pool at the front of the resort by the sea, if they want action or to mix with others their age, or maybe decide they prefer one over the other and stick to that.

It's pretty safe on the hotel grounds you can let teens go about on their own, I think my two were 13 & 15 (can't remember exactly :oops: ). We had a great week.

I don't normally post this as things change so quickly, but I thought the AI food at the HV was far superior to that at the Hilton Sharks Bay where I stayed recently, although the HSB tends historically to have been a better thought of & better reviewed hotel.

I need to qualify that though as I stayed at the HSB post the political unrest & the HV in 2009 prior to the political unrest. It's possible now AI hotels are catering to less guests they may have restricted the choices in their buffets to make them viable, this could apply to the HV now as well - hopefully not though. There was more choice in the childrens buffet in the HV than in the main buffet at the HSB ! I assume you still have the 3 included a la cartes, which although the food isn't superior (still good) to the buffet mean you are waited on, are less frantic & mean the buffet is less busy as AI guests are spread over 4 restaurants each night.

I'm sure you will have a good time. Apologies have waffled a lot.

Doe :sun2
Thanks to both the above posters for your informative replies.

I think I might ask for Block 7 now, as it sounds like a better position for ALL the facilities. On the other hand, I might just see what we are allocated, as sometimes that is all part of the anticipation and fun of holidays! (I'm not too bothered at the end of the day).

Doepsmc, do you think there will be many other teens there in high season? My two will be 15 and 17, and I know that the HVs tend to cater more for younger children. I would probably not have specifically chosen the HV, but I'm going with my sister's family who had already decided on the HV because of getting a free child place. I'm confident that my 17-year-old son will probably be happy snorkelling and mooching around on the beach, but my 15-year-old daughter loves meeting new people and making friends on holiday (but she won't want to join the 9-15 aged kids club I don't think!).

The foods sounds great. I'm pretty sure we'll have the option of a visit to the a la cartes, which I'll definitely take advantage of!

Thanks in advance for any other info :cheers
Hi Rose :)
You're right that it's for young kids, but many on a family holiday will have older siblings, so there will be other teens, this hotel is popular with Brits so more chance of making friends as no language barrier. We went the week before Easter & it was 90% full, although I think bookings are down in general over there. We only staid a week & my DD did her PADI & was swotting her GCSE's so didn't bother mixing. In the summer & if you are going for a fortnight i'm sure they will find someone if they wish to.

There is a prom between the beach & the hotels at Nabq and I would imagine in the summer there is a lively beach scene. The Laguna Vista hotel next door has a disco on their beach front which might be of interest to your 17 year old. Aquarious are the dive school & they had a place on the HV beach, they used to do a free hour in the pool in dive gear, that they might want to try, it's an incentive to attract bookings.

Opposite the HV on the other side of the road is a couple of malls, an English & an Egyptian, the rep will explain where everything is. There was a starbucks, can't be 100% but I think it had free wi-fi. Namma Bay is about 25 mins on a transfer bus or in a cab.

I wouldn't get too hung up on room blocks unless you want to spend a lot of time on the balcony/terrance. I booked 2 standard rooms & we were in the most basic block, No 14, the only 3 story block & also near the quiet pool. Admittedly we did have a kind of sea view of sorts. The rooms were both good & the location of them did not impact on the enjoyment of the holiday at all.

Hi Doe, thanks for the extra info. I've never been to a hotel yet, in July/August, where there weren't plenty of kids of all ages - so I'm hopeful that my teens will find others to hook up with :smile:

All the other stuff sounds great!

Thanks again. :cheers
:tup Your welcome, it will be baking hot, I would imagine. They might just want to spend all their time in the pools. My son was particularly taken with the TV :duh in the room, I suppose it was the novelty as we didnt have sky sports at the time and the premiership football coverage they had on it was better than we had at home! He was quite taken with the heated pool & enjoyed the sea as well.

hi ive just booked the Holiday village in egypt for June 2013.It will be my honeymoon with 2 kids and i am looking for block recommendations.I have booked a kids den room so would like to know what block and what floor suits a 9 and 2 year old the best.also is it better to request the rooms with the hotel direct or to request them via First Choice.Thanks for your help :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.