Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi all,

I have just got off the phone with First Choice Customer Service - I said how concerned I was about going here in August because of all the bad reviews, the illness, poor hygene etc. I waited 1 hour and 40 minutes to actually speak to this person!! She said if there were any risks then First Choice wouldn`t be sending people out there and if they had received any feedback from holiday makers then it would have been acted upon.
She then said she would speak to a seperate Customer Service Dept who deal with this type of problem (of course they cannot be contacted by us mere mortals!) Their comments are the Red Sea Hol Village has received the best reviews ever of any holiday village, everything is spot on - they havn`t received any comments / complaints about poor hygene / cleanliness / illness, if they did then they would certainly look into it and act upon it.
Is everyone actually reporting their illness / the dire was the pool bar is being run / the not so clean restaurant etc because if you don`t report it then they don`t know about it!

So that is meant to make me feel better, the phone call most probably cost as much as the holiday..I did mention I will be putting all this in writing to them and then if there are any problems whilst away I will follow it big style.

We all work really hard all year and want the best holiday we can have - lets hope things start to improve in the next few weeks.
Mollydoo: I can't believe we have been to the same place. The food was fine when we were there and we came home at the end of May. The main restaurant served fish,pasta,pizzas,chicken dishes in sauces,salads,bbq,all the silver containers had different dishes in them. Was none of that there when you were there?
Katiesmum: Thats another thing I can't understand, if it is soo bad then why aren't people saying something to the reps/hotel etc. You know it's no good doing nothing about it and then moaning when you come home. Whilst we were there I didn't hear of any food poisioning etc. Also people don't realise that an egypt 4 star hotel is nothing like our 4 star hotel.
Hi running caz,
I agree, you`d think it would be reported to the Reps, maybe no one is actually filling out a complaint form. According to First Choice all reviews are wonderful!
I'm getting really worried now reading all the poor reviews.We go on 14th August and after a hard year at work and my wife's being in hspital twice(she is there now) we were so looking forward to our holiday.
Katiesmum what was Fistchoice response when you said you would put it in writing and would take action if things were as reported on here?

Pat
Think you may guess ...... I don`t think the girl I spoke to actually cared. I did ask for address of Managing Director and was told you have to send any complaint etc to Customer Services!!

I know how you feel Pat, we were so looking forward to our holiday - maybe if we all take our own cups for use at the pool bar and we could wash them ourselves - do you think we would be allowed? someone on one of the forums mentioned they use plastic cups you get from drink machines, surely these would be disposed of and not re-used, do you think its plastic beakers (this is what they used at Savita eeekkkk!! ) think I`ll pack 3 plastic beakers just incase, surely they must sell them in the pound shop or somewhere cheap then we can bin them after.

Helen
hi john yes hubby was given tablets from pharmacy 2 different lots and some powder to drink. it worked for 2 days but after that it came back. today is the first day he has felt better since haveing tablets from the doctor here. we had all our injections and was told told drink actimal for a month before we went washed our hands after touching the money and going to the loo and used antibactirel hand stuff. and still got i'll. we made a complaint to the reps about it but weather they do anything is another matter. we was told that you have to report it and let them know if you are i'll. we are not the sort of people that moan about any little thing on holiday but when you come back weighing less than when you ent through illness its not good. we will be emailing firs choice about my daughters bed and everthing else. we was also told by the reps that the best hv is the one in turkey. what does that tell you. :( :gluck to all that are going soon.
graigeboy hope you wife is ok we was there when she fainted not in restarent at time but heard about it.xxxxx
Hi katies mum have spoken to my travel agent today thomas cook they didnt care much either but am going to speak to them tomorrow. Had an email from first choice saying everything is excellant out in egypt no illness and all reports are great thats a complete joke am looking in to changing my holiday just need to find out how much it will cost cus it is paid for terrible reports still coming in read one today saying worst place they had stayed in for 20 years!
am speaking to agent tomorrow and will let you no. Have emailed first choice back but they havent replied. What a surprise. Do you no how much it cost to change your holiday just dont know what to do.
I have now emailed first choice

Not about grouting in bathrooms lol
Or about plastic glassed as I feel these are safer round the pool area especially in a family resort

Nor have I asked about lack of choice of food

I have asked about the sickness .................... even though I worried about this back in 2005 when we went, and it turned out that it was a case of too much sun and not enought fluid - hopefully it will be the same this time and nothing else.
I would email the hotel at holidayvillage@coralsearesorts.com.They will be more up to date on what the situation is than First Choice.
Print off the bad reviews on here and TA and take them to your Travel agents.
The hotel was fine when I was there last November but the recent reviews are worrying.
First time I have used this site, am due to go 26th june, 5 adults 2 children, am now wishing I wasnt going!!! went to hv turkey last year and it was amazing, am really worried about the illness, but saying that my cousin has just got back from egypt and stayed at different hotel and he was still ill, Is it just something in egypt making people ill or do you generally thinks its :cry this hotel. Does anyone now if it too late to change?
BAKERS: I don't think it is the hotel as we were all 4 of us fine. We had some friends stay in Naama Bay at Tropitel Hotel and both the parents had tummy upset for a day or 2. I think it's unfair that people are just blaming this particular hotel!
Just another point: If you look at the reviews on this site for HV out of 15 reviews so far,11 of them say they had a great time and loved it,2 were average reviews, and 2 were bad reviews.
I don't think it's the HV either. I usually get an upset stomach every time we go on holiday. Egypt was the first time I haven't been ill.
We went to the CSR last year and people were complaining of it there too, but me, hubby and 3 kids were absolutely fine.
We had acidophilus and probiotic drinks for a month beforehand and acidophilus while we were there. Don't know if that's why we were all fine but I'll be doing it again this year.
I won't be changing my holiday and I can't wait to go.

Emma
Thanks thats really helpful, did you get acidophilus from the chemist? Some people expect to sit in the sun drinkin alcholol all day long and then moan when they are ill, They deserve to be!!Am lookimg foward to the holiday abit more now!!
:tup
You can get Chewable Acidophilus from Holland and Barrett.They are strawberry flavoured tablets and they provide an additional source of beneficial bacteria naturally found in a healthy digestive system when travelling abroad.I took these every day when I was at the HV and I was fine.
jamnico: we all took acidophilus. Me and hubby took the capusle ones and my 2 kids aged 7 & 9 had the chewable ones. We started 2 weeks before we went and during the time we were there when we remembered.My kids drink a probiotic drink every day anyway, we were fine. I think I would take them just to be on the safe side.It can't hurt can it. Breakfast was 7.30am -10am and dinner was 6.30pm - 10pm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.