Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Alright mate ... Did u go to the holiday village? How was it? I'm off there in June this year with the family. Do u have a review of the place tht u could post?

Any info u have would be appreciated??

Cheers

Kev
Hey folks ... I'm off to Holiday Village Tenerife in June and was looking for reviews of it... But can't find any? Are they under another name?

If anyone has any Info on it could u let me know?

Thanks in advance!

Kev
Hi Kev .. I believe it is the complex known as the Luabay Costa Los Gigantes, which operates as a First Choice Holiday Village during the summer season:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/tenerife/puerto-de-santiago/luabay-costa-los-gigantes-suites-and-spa-hotel/&%20Spa%20Hotel/

David :wave
We went last year Kev, Its a fantastic place what info would you like?
Hey Millie... Well I've got 2 girls ages 8 and 2... Are the kids clubs good? What things do u have to pay for in the hotel eg tv, bowling alley etc and how much? Is the The steak house part of AI? How Much is it if it's not? And for me..... What is the AI Beer? Is it Amstel? Anything else u can think of?

Did u go to Loro Parque/Siam when u were there? What they like?

Thanks in advance....

Kev
Ok Kev, The kids club is fantastic. They do three sessions a day and my 10 year old loved it. He did allsorts , raft building ,archery, canoeing to name a few. All free except a chocolate party and vip night that were 4 euros a time. The club is split into 3 section and is based under the hotel. You have to sign them in and our for each session.
They have a creche if you want to put your 2 year old in, this is payable but not sure how much.

Everything is included but we never used the theme restaurants as the buffet was so good and suited us with our baby in tow. Beer is Amstel and you help yourself during the day to beer and soft drinks.
The bowling is not much cop and was broke most of the time we were there, its 4 euros a time I think, they had air hockey and pool tables etc in the games room too.

Not sure if your going in term time? we had two weeks and it got very busy towards the end of our stay as the scots half term kicked in.

We always got sunbeds , putting our stuff down on the way to breakfast. Again toward the end of the holiday all the beds were taken. It seemed the Spanish were the worst offenders for reserving beds and not turning up till the afternoon.

Loro Parque was a great day out but it takes around 2 and a half hours on the coach so go prepared. Siam too was a great day out for me and my 10 year old . Expensive days out tho at around 180 euros for the two trips if I remember rightly.

Hope this helps please ask if you need more info.
J....
We have been to lots of these type of places over the years and this was by far the best :tup
Thanks for getting back to me... Do they have kids discos at night time? My oldest daughter has even a bit hit/miss with previous kids clubs but likes the dancing at night? What else do they have for nighttime? Were going when Euro 2012 is on and i hear they have a sports bar? Is tht true?

Is the buffet choice tht good Then? Do they have theme nights? And the beer is it self service?

We're going 8th June... Roughly what temperature Will it be? I don't fancy 2 hours on a bus To do tht?? And how long is Siam park from The hotel? 180euros seems a lot of cash for 2 days out? Is There much to do outside the hotel? Any decent pubs restaurants nearby?

Thanks again...

Kev
Hi Kev, In the evening you have a choice of the I 5 live (first choice) entertainment team on the outside stage. Or indoors is the kids mini disco run by the hotel entertainment team. This one is done in different languages the outside one is just in English.

There is no sports bar???? You have a bar split in two by a glass partition , one side has a one man guitar or keyboard act on at night.

Then is a large area with lots of tables and a bar but this bar was closed during our stay There are 2/3 large Tv's here but its a lottery what they will show. If Spain are playing then it will be on , they showed a Scotland game but not the England game :que ,

Then there is the main indoor entertainment bar .

The outside stage has a small wooden hut for drinks but its plastic glasses here.

Buffet was good choice and had Chinese/ Mexican etc nights . Drinks are waiter served, you can ask for a bottle of wine and its not to bad at all :cheers . The main buffet opens at 7.30 and if you get there early you can sit outside with views out to sea (very nice too)

Cant help with temps then, Siam park is approx 35 mins away its about 32 euros each plus the hotel run bus fare about 4 euros return.

Have a look here http://www.tenerifewaterpark.com/siam_park_tickets/buy_siam_park_tickets.html for tickets but its low season prices at the moment so I would budget £100 plus food and drinks for the four of you to do the water park.

Down the (very steep lol) is the small resort, to be honest it was a bit disappointing and there was very little on offer, an Irish bar that showed sport but looked a bit dingy being under the tat shops, and a few smaller restaurants but not allot. All three of the big hotels are All Inc and it shows in the small choice in resort. I think Los Gigantes has a bit more ??

Cheers ..............
Thanks again for the info J... Uve been a real help!! It sounds like a real good family place to go whih will be right up our street!! The food entertainment and activities sound great! If the footy isn't on I'll be asking tht they put it on... I don't fancy straying too far from the hotel but If not I'll head to tht dingy Irish bar ur talking about... Tho tht wouldnt be a bad thing u always get a laugh in they places!

I'm thinking tht Loro park is probably a bit far away to take our 2 yr old too... 4 hrs on the bus would be torture!! So Siam park it is. . I checked out tht website and it's fab looking so well probs book our tickets before we go and save us a few £££s plus we don't pay for the wee one!

Can u think of anything else tht may be of use? Does the hotel have a shop/ nearby supermarket etc for sweets/crisps etc?

Thanks again for all ur help! Much appreciated!!

Kev
To be honest I think the football thing was down to the sat channel it was shown on, there was another little place in town showing sky.

Hotel has a shop but its expensive, we used a supermarket past the irish bar along the sea front, it was fairly reasonably priced.

To get out of the back gate head down to the ground level and its past the high ropes and kids playground, you will need your room card to swipe in/ out.

Siam was great there is something for everyone , just me and my older lad went and we liked the Dragon best :yikes

It gets busy at weekends with lots of Spanish arriving for fri/sat night. some were a bit noisey but they go home on sunday ;)

Glad to have been able to help , have a great time
J....
thinking of booking the holiday village for this october, the hotel reviews have all been good, but i was wondering just how easy it is to get down to the beach and resort of las arenas. some people describe the hill as mount everest. we like to go fo a walk in the evening usually is this possible, we will have 2 children one in a buggy. is there a bus service? also just wondering about the food. did anyone notice if there was much choice for vegetarians. kids and hubby will be fine as they eat meat. any advice would be appeciated.
sairabarrie wrote:
thinking of booking the holiday village for this october, the hotel reviews have all been good, but i was wondering just how easy it is to get down to the beach and resort of las arenas. some people describe the hill as mount everest. we like to go fo a walk in the evening usually is this possible, we will have 2 children one in a buggy. is there a bus service? also just wondering about the food. did anyone notice if there was much choice for vegetarians. kids and hubby will be fine as they eat meat. any advice would be appeciated.

The hill is steep but not that bad, we had a buggy and got up and down fine. When you get to the gate at the bottom of the holiday village turn right, that way its an easyer walk.
There isn't a bus , its not that far. Have a look on google earth.
As I posted previously the resort is quite small and that is one of the only slight downsides, you can walk to Las Gigantes.
Food wise its the standard buffet affair with lots of variety, I'm sure you wont struggle to find a good meal.
Hope this helps you choose J...
Hi, I'm going to the holiday village Tenerife in May with husband and 2 yr old. Can anyone advise which block is best to stay in and if there is anywhere local to buy milk from as daughter still likes milk before bed. Thanks :)
There's a big Mercadona in Playa Arena which is good, and lots of little shops dotted around.
The Mercadona is on the main road to the south of the beach, round a corner.

Sorry don't know about the blocks as haven't actually stayed in the holiday village.
Ninnins wrote:
Hi, I'm going to the holiday village Tenerife in May with husband and 2 yr old. Can anyone advise which block is best to stay in and if there is anywhere local to buy milk from as daughter still likes milk before bed. Thanks :)

Hi , we stayed in block N . http://www.holidaycheck.com/data/urlaubsbilder/mittel/2/1158047088.jpg Hope its ok to post this map link? Imagine the top of the map is the sea and the bottom the road and main entrance.

I would suggest N or M as they are near to the baby pool so handy for popping back and too for supplies, both are on the main level and above all it was so peaceful at night even when the two entertainment stages were on.

As stated above there are places to get milk and supplies for the little one.

hope this helps

J...
J ... Weve got 3 weeks to go now so going to email them soon? What block is next to the pool with kids slide? My oldest will play on the all day long so want up be close to tht?

Thanks for the link ... Gives us our bearings!
Did u get to one of the waterparks when u were there? If so which one ?

Kev
KKN2003 wrote:
J ... Weve got 3 weeks to go now so going to email them soon? What block is next to the pool with kids slide? My oldest will play on the all day long so want up be close to tht?

Thanks for the link ... Gives us our bearings!
Did u get to one of the waterparks when u were there? If so which one ?

Kev

The kids pool is on the left on the map between blocks N & M. so request one of these if you want to be near. Don't ask for O as its down a level.

The slide is not on all day , its open for an hour or so in the morning and the same in the afternoon.

J
Just back after a week here and can honestly say this place lives up to it's reputation, it's the best AI hotel we've been to.

It really is all inclusive, everything, and I mean everything is included, including the things hotels usually charge extra for like the safe in the room, pool towels and the minibar, which contains a large bottle of water, 2 cans of coke and 2 cans of beer, which are replaced every day if you use them. Other pluses are mattresses on the sunbeds, which I've only ever had once before at an exclusive luxury complex in Lanzarote, being able to help yourself to tea, coffee, soft drinks, beer, wine at any time, including the restaurant at dinner time.

A tip:- the bottles of water are kept in the fridges at the drinks station, we always took one each at lunchtime.

The only downside are the hills roundabout the resorts, my wife struggled a bit. If you took this hotel and put it in a nice flat resort it would be perfect.

We booked directly with the hotel and paid 1100e, which came to £883 for 3 of us for a week, I'm not sure how that compares with First Choice but FC didn't have flights from Scotland so Ryanair to Tenerife Sth and a hire car for 60e did us instead. It's a lovely drive up from the airport too, took us about 35 minutes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.