General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
holiday vouchers
10 Posts
i bin loads of these vouchers every year from various companies, eg i have a book full of cosmos vouchers each valued £50 but under the terms and conditions ONLY ONE voucher can be used per booking and not in conjunction with other deals IE £50 come off the broacher price. .. as most holidays are sold with a discount well in excess of that amount it makes them worth less than the paper they are printed on.... the other type you often find is a free accommodation voucher [book your own flights] these are usually for time-share / holiday clubs and its another way of gaining a captive audience
i know the sort what your on about. but these are the so called prober ones, where you can use them for any holdiday there called the worlwide travel vouchers and you buy them at there value like if its a £20 voucher then thats how much its worth. like these ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320368884916

i think its these what your on about that are worth nothing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/150-Thomas-Cook-Holiday-Voucher_W0QQitemZ120418383700QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item120418383700&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

i hope it was ok to put this link up, just for refrence use
not seen those ones before [dont use e-bay] but looking at them they appear to have been issued as a credit note against a cancelled holiday.. even then i couldn't see anyone in their right mind paying more than they are worth
you can buy them over the counter like for gifts ect.... ive just had £650 the other month
little legs - that's just plain stupid. Don't know what's gone on there. :que I noticed that it was the sellers 1st sale though
It happens all the time on ebay with currency! Also M+S vouchers etc!
Hi Littlelegs,
I noticed these this afternoon too.I think someone is mucking about as I have never seen these vouchers go for more than they are worth.It is a different story for Euros as I have noticed lots of people paying way over the odds for euro notes.Seems strange that someone would bid with no intention of paying for these vouchers but there are a lot of idiots out there and I think one is involved here.
been speaking to one of the sellers and she is worried and baffled that her acution is been messed about with, as it seems it is happening to a few live acutions at the moment on ebay. wonder if i should put up £100 in cash and ask for "buy it now" £150 :)
Sometimes people who are new to selling on ebay shill bid or buy their own items. Shill biding to push up the price (strickly against ebay terms and condtions, but ebay don't monitor the site, its self monitoring) or just buying their own stuff but from a different address to get their feedback rating going so that others will buy from them. People often don't want to buy from someones first auction. Perhaps it's those kinds of issues. If you are interested I would try a buy it now but make sure you pay via paypal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.