General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Samuel50, Cala Bona or its livelier neighbour Cala Millor in Majorca would probably be good for you. Cala Bona is a really friendly resort with plenty of bars etc... :cheers and its only a short walk to Cala Millor which as I've already said is livelier and a bit bigger. There are loads of posts under the Majorca forum that would give you more info.

My boyfriend lives in Cala Bona, so I'm often on my own when he is working and there have never been any groups hanging about or violence that I'm aware of, and I feel totally safe on my own, including at night. I've not been in August, although I am this year, so if I remember (!!!) I'll see what its like for you.

Louise
Went to Gumbet "Turkey" May this year, saw no "yobs", everyone was extremely friendly wherever you went. Plenty of music bars, and pubs If your looking for a beer holiday. If your looking for a sightseeing holiday too, then I can recommend sharm el sheik "Egypt", both these holidays were fantastic, with no trouble or violence. Awesome snorkelling in Egypt!!
Halkidiki in Greece , many nice resorts no groups of teenies/twenty somethings , just couples and families! My idea of a great holiday.
Protaras or Pernera in Cyprus sounds like yourr ideal, no gangs of what you described whatsoever. Very friendly resort, plenty bars and restaurants too.
Anywhere in Crete except Hersonissos, Malia and Stalis.

Anywhere in Corfu except the resorts on the southern tip of the island.

Croatia, Slovenia, Switzerland and Alsace in France ............ it's 33 °C in the shade at present!
I looking for sun/beach holiday destination in August 2009 that doesn't have large groups of male yobs looking for trouble. NO violence because i was assaulted two months ago by a group of English yobs in Somerset.

I will be travelling alone and want somewhere LIVELY with plenty of bars-pubs but nightclubs are not essential. I'm a 30 year old single male who enjoys a bar scene with lots of friendly people.

Thanks
Not sure why you've repeated your original post Samuel50......nor commented on all the replies you've had :think
Thought from your other posts you'd decided on Salou :que
Samuel50 has repeated himself as he posted a new topic with exactly the same information as posted previously so I merged them. ;)

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.