Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
home again oh,no
18 Posts
sounds like you had a great time! :D
If you've time, would you like to write us a hotel report? I notice we don't have any recent ones. Hotel review is here
Thanks!
Hi Happymackem, Glad you enjoyed yourself, as we did.
I agree on your comments on Sunny Beach, getting too big too quick.
Too many pubs to drink dry now hence why I left you some.

8) Toonman
fiona,
iwill put a review for the st george hotel but can i ask a question first (perhaps toonman can help)
on the hotel list you have st george complex which i belive to be a different place (just up the road from the st george hotel)
am i right and if so will you add st george hotel :?:
happy mackem - pm me once you know the answer

Kath HT Admin
Sorry- missed your request until now( was off in Berlin!) The two are indeed different.The St George is now being added to our reviews.
will put hotel review when st george appears in list :D
It appears alot of people disagree with you about Sunny Beach, now one of the most visited places on the planet, like Rome, New York, Honk Kong - it is justy you are snobs. The masses who visit with their feet disagree with you. Stuart

edit
Stuart I am getting rather fed up now with having to delete comments made by you, which flout our T&Cs -in particular
3. Show respect and courtesy to all other users
As Baldur has already commented I cannnot delete this one. However, if you wish to remain a remember here please abide by our T&Cs.
Fiona ht mod
it is justy ( sic)you are snobs

That is hardly a useful comment Stuart - I know that Toonman has visited Sunny Beach on many occasions and has posted very positive comments about the resort in the past.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion - mine is that you could not pay me enough to induce me to go to Sunny Beach, which I see as a major blight on an otherwise beautiful coastline but, as you say, it suits many people very well. By your definition, I guess that makes me a snob - but I am aware that your definition is coloured by the fact that you own at least one apartment in Sunny Beach.....

Baldur
a snob Stuart H well thanks how many working class blokes from the north east of england can be classed as snobs toonman maybe :lol:
no im not a snob its just sunnybeach is too big too full of people tearing about on golf cart.mopeds etc.
maybe im just getting old and like peace and quiet maybe thats why i prefer scarboro to blackpool im just OLD :!: :lol:
It always amazes me how many people compare SB to Blackpool.

Living in Blackpool and having just come back from SB I don't think there are that many similarities!
Happymackem, Like you I'm just a hard working North Easterner, a snob certainly not. Don't know many snobs from Newcastle.
Mind you I have moved up in the world but I'm still down to earth and will never forget my roots.
As for Sunny Beach I do love it but it is getting too big too quick at present, mind you I like a lot of other places too.
My winter hols are for relaxing, lying on a beach or by the pool with a cool drink :wink: the summer in Bulgaria is for partying :D :D despite me being a old time Rocker

8) Toonman
I apologise for using the word snobs. It was how I felt at the time but shouldnt have said it. Sorry.
No I should have said what I meant which was let Blackpool be Blackpool, Let Costa Del Sol be that too, let Provence be nice for us rich cultered southerners (joke), and let Sunny Beach be Sunny Beach a wonderful place to have fun if you like all that it offers.

My wife and I go to Kefalonia for the peace and quiet, we love it there, so we are all different, but it wasnt me having a dig at Sunny Beach in the first place, I respect it for what it is. I would like to make my peace with you all, sorry...put it down to a bad day. I have contributed fairly positivvely to this site more often than not. Stuart
sorry david 23

It's ok! Most people usually precede it with "Horrible and tacky like Blackpool"

Yours was one of the more kinder comparisons!! :lol:
Hi Stuart, Don't worry about it, we all have off days. At times we all struggle to come out with the right words.

8) Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.