Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Hi
It should be quite easy, I can't give you any help with prices but you should compare prices for a round the world flight with different airline alliances i.e One World, Star Alliance etc. most allow a certain amount of stopovers without paying extra.You can get some idea of prices on sites such as Expedia. Once you have your flight booked start looking at hotels, use someone like booking.com for rooms in each city at discount prices. Quite straighforward.
As for transfers, I wouldn't bother booking them, all three airports have decent shuttles/public transport into city centres and hotels. But if you really do want private transfers look at the Airport Web Site for each Airport, they usually have details of transfer firms and you will be able to book on line.
One alternative is to use a travel firm such as Travel Bag or Trailfinders, just tell them your needs and they will be able to quote you a price and if it suits book the whole trip for you, saves time and effort.
Judith
Best option is a round the world ticket, try Qantas as their website si handy for this sort of thing - we got one for around 1100 with lots of stopovers this year.

One point is that you might find it easier (and cheaper) to fly into LAX rather than San Fran for the America leg.
Round the world tickets can certainly be advantageous if they fit your need.

Other ways to determine a base price for comparison is using multi city search on expedia.co.uk or even e bookers. You can also see what trailfinders will offer you - visit the shop or give them a call but only afterafter you have compared on the net or priced a round the world ticket.

A bit of ground work is needed and you may also have a in your own mind what airlines you would like to fly.

As reported in the forum it is always best to try and stick with an alliance partnership where benefits can include frequent flyer miles which could be used for flights closer to home once you have completed your good sounding trip. (one world,skysteam,star alliance).

LAX would probably be a better option than SFO in terms of carriers and frequency.
Nivsy

The OP was in Dec 2009. I would imagine the poster has already had his RTW holiday.

Judith
oh thanks Judith,

Guess this is a slow forum - best I head back to where I belong in flights.....

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image