Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Not so much a nightclub but one of tha bars are open late & have a disco in it. Dont know if its open late all year round though. We went in August.

We were on the 6th floor towards the back & never heard a thing.

However if you keep your balcony doors shut & the air conditioner on, then unless you are the first few floors above you should be ok.

If in doubt, request a quiet room, or high room. it cant be guarenteed but its worth a try.

You will most likely encounter some noise wherever you go though
Hi all,

Has anyone ever stayed in the Annex? If so, what's it like? Is it suitable for children? Does anyone have any pics?

Also can anyone tell me if there is table tennis and pool available?

Thanks
Hiya,

If you go to the following site for the hotel chain, choose english for the language, then click on 'hotels' at the top, the America if the first one which comes up. In the foto you can see the annexe just to the right of the main building. It's a small building with 2 floors if i remember correctly. There is a cliff top walk just in front of it around to the rest of the resort, and it has spectacular views out over the Med. You also have all the facilities of the main building of the hotel.

http://www.hotelesglobales.com/cgi-vel/globales/index.pro
Thanks for that. I can't really tell from the photo if the annex has been refurbished. Does anyone know if it has. I read some previous reviews saying that they were pretty run down.
We stayed in the main building in August, below is a part view of the annexe.

Hope this helps
The Hotel America is right next door to its anexxe, the smaller building has wonderful sea views if you get on that side, otherwise the balconies look uphill toward the centre of the town. The rooms are very small but i expect you really only want to sleep there and use the facilities of the main hotel. Don't know when it was last renovated.....by the way, a little something i bet you didn't know...
..in the 70's John Lennon with yoko ono, the Maharishi (don't know if its spelt right) and about another 100 in the entourage, spent a few weeks in calas de mallorca during the winter and they occupied the hotel america and hotel maria eugenia, it was during this stay that yoko's son was kidnapped, but i don't know what happened after. Some of the older people living in Calas can tell you more. Venitia, the hairdresser can probably tell you more. enjoy your stay.
HI... really tempted to book this hotel...I have got really good price.... Have any of you been this year?

Scully27
Merged with existing topic and we have several reviews from this year HERE

luci :wave
Hi everyone.. booked this hotel yesterday..got a very good deal... now only 11 months to wait... :(

scully27
Hi want to book hotel america for sept this year but cant find it with the major tour operators exept direct holidays, tried to book this last year with 2 agents at short notice but was left hanging without an answer of confirmation of my booking for more than a week so gave up and went somewhere else with thomsons
also any info from anyone who has stayed there recently would be great thanks ;)
hi there i was there in 2007 i booked with first choice ive also seen it on travel republic and also my mom booked it with thomas cook its a lovily hotel all inclusive there is fab enjoy hope you find it
hi there i have just looked on travel republic and it is on there
We booked this hotel with direct holidays on the THomas cook web site and it was £400 cheaper than with thomas cook... and we got 20kg luggage allowance, which thomas cook charged for and meals on the plane.....

scully27
We stayed here last year, great Hotel but in future we would now only book with the tour operators, even if they are bit more expensive. We booked with Travel Republic and we were put in another Hotel for 3 days. This also happened to quite a few other people who had used different agents. It is not their fault. The Hotel overbooks all the time and then sends guests to other Hotels. They told us when we arrived there was a problem with the rooms on a whole floor, (no water or something) and we where being moved for the week. This turned out to be a lie. After 3 days complaining and basically being told by the manager that it depends who you book with whether you get a room if they are overbooked, we got into the Hotel. Everyone who had booked through a TO seemed to be OK and got in, but there were at least 10 groups of us sent to the other Hotels and we had all booked through accommodation agencies. Hope this helps. Also this was in mid June so not even High season. Karen
yes found it with thomas cook so will be booking as soon as payday comes cant wait
thanks for all your help everyone :sun2
now booked with direct holidays £50.00 cheaper than thomas cook so very happy :D
Has anyone experienced this recently? I have read about it in reviews. I am tempted to book a taxi instead of using the transfer coach as part of package deal. Any thoughts?
We popped down to Calas De Mallorca to visit my cousin. We had a hire car & it took over an hour to get there. Based on this, I've done a quick search and it appears a taxi will cost you about €67 - €79.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.