Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
also could anyone tell me if threre is a waterpark in the area or within half an hour on bus/coach and what enrance fees like thanks again
Don't know about this hotel but the nearest water park is in Arenal by the airport about a 1 hours drive. It is always very busy in August but the kids will love it. You will find lots of shops in Callas M that sell tickets and coach travel at discount rates that get there at 10am and return at 5pm so you do not have to worry about driving if you wish. There is another park at Alcudia but this is quite small compared to Arenal but still ok for the younger kids. This will also take about an hours journey from where you are. You can take your own food and PLASTIC bottles in to save money as once you are in you are trapped for the day and have to pay high prices for food and drink, you also have to pay for the sunbeds and rubber rings to go on some of the rides, so be warned! At the moment in Cala D'or the Arenal park is on offer at €30 an adult and €18 for under 12 years old with coach travel. Last year i think we paid €25 just for entrance so €5 for the coach is very good. Still worth a visit though. best of luck.
28SAC.
Hi am going on the 8th May to this hotel will post back about how good/bad it is.There are a couple of bars that have live music on (the rockola has tribute bands) always a good night
We went to Calas De Mallorca last june. But stayed in the Hotel Chihuahuas.

Ive posted a review in the resorts review section for calas de Mallorca on this site.

Im sure the Hotel America is right by the cove called Cala Domingos.
Its lovely white sand with a beautiful clear gently shelving sea....perfect for kids.

Elaine x
Thanks for the info am looking forward to hols.
can anyone tell me if all rooms at hotel america are air con? have booked with skytours as they cheapest quote. air con not mentioned in their brochure but is in others.
thanks
have booked this hotel for october, but have read reviews since that say in october you can't get snacks on all inclusive and everything is closing down because it is end of season does anyone know if this is true.
i have also booked to go in august with 11 and 15 year olds does anyone know if there is internet at this hotel it is all air conditioned
I have emailed the hotel group that hotel america belongs to and they have replied that all rooms have airconditioning. has anyone been to this hotel yet this year and if so what do you think? an the kids get icecream during the day?
Hi just got back today 19/05 yes the rooms are air con,rock cola does not have tribute bands any more but I hear a new venue is opening soon, so look out for it. crazy golf is a good laugh and most bars had football all week.
The America is by the main beach (Domingos) as posted earlier. I have not stayed at this hotel but have stayed at the Balmoral and the Chiuohas (sp).

I don't know if this still applies but the America used to have a annex in front on top of the cliffs. Compared to the hotel itself it looked really run down.

As you go down to the beach check if Miguel and his family still run the bar. Nice bloke who treats his regulars well with free rounds of drinks.
Sounds like you had a good time pat. what was the food like at the hotel? Do you know how much the sun beds and parasols were on the beach? Am looking forward to august
Why do lots of posts refer to air ???? rather than air conditioning. Just curious!
First I put in short form of conditoning and got ???? instead,food not bad one chefs meat carved for you,rest is as per norm about 6 main meals pluss loads of salad also the sweet area fruit, cake, ice cream, even rice pud.The toaster needs renewing as it takes ages and you have to let it go round twice and then its not brown
Forgot to add beds on beach with parersol 14 euro per day
pat could you tell me if the internet was available at hotel america
Hi, yes there are 2 internet conections in the entertainment lounge
sounds good. hope you dont mind me picking your brains pat but was there a launderette in hotel or resort. usually go self catering in a villa and used to having a washing machine for beach towels etc. thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.