Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Yes we found we had to be down before 0800 if we wanted to get a parasol and be there before 0900 when the guy unlocked the sun loungers. There are a lot of sun loungers in the garden area and another area but my nephew was in the pool so we needed the loungers in that area.
Ok, also how many times did the linen get changed? booked to go with thomson and it doesn't really say much. Have only ever been with first choice before so am a bit wary at the moment
We went with Thomsons and found them really good. Our beds were changed twice, towels changed every day.
fab! can you tell me do the reps come on the coach with you from the airport and how long did the transfer take?
At Palma airport Thomsons reps were waiting in the foyer and we were directed to our coach. A rep then came on the coach and spoke to us regarding journey times etc but didn't travel with us. Our coach was really quiet - only 3 families on it. We dropped one family off at Cala D'or and the rest of us got dropped at Hotel America. It took approx an hour.
Sorry to be a pain but can you tell me what time the restaurants are open throughout the day? [/img]
The breakfast was 0800-1000, lunch 1300-1500 and dinner 1830-2100 (if I remember correctly. The snack bar at the pool was open until 1800 and the pizzeria was open from 1200 until midnight. I think the bbq was from about 1830-2100.
Thanks Lorraine, hope you didn't mind me asking!
No problem - any questions please just ask.
can anyone tell me about the entertainment? is there any proffesional shows or is it all karaoki?
got a 10yr old and a stroppy 14 yr old :sulk hoping there is something to amuse both of them give me and there dad some peace :D
Hi,

They had a young kids mini disco every night followed by a game of bingo and then a show (sometimes a band, karaoke, parrot show, comedy show, acrobatic show etc). There is also a games room beside the reception which has pool tables, games, internet for the older kids. My son is nearly 15 and my nephews 13 & 12 and they all had a good time they also met other kids there.
hi karenangell, we are going soon and have got a 9yr old boy and 12yr old girl, so if you go before us let us know about the entertainment and ill do the same
thanks Lorraine.
looking forward to October now as long as she can get on msn she'll be happy.
Yes she'll be able to get on msn - my son said the computers up at the shops were cheaper than the hotel (I think there is an internet cafe type place). I don't think you'll have any problems with sun loungers either as we were talking to people who had been last October who didn't have to get up early on their previous holiday.
Can you tell me if you had to wait to be allocated your room on arival, i have read that you might not get into your room until 1pm?
we arrived in the evening so got into our rooms straight away - very smooth check in, we were given our arm bands and all the info on restaurant times etc
we will be ariving at the hotel about 10ish am. in october has anyone any idea what time check in is? and can you use the facilitys while you wait on your room?
If you room is not ready they normally still issue you with a wrist band. Your room may me ready at 10 am seeing that it is October and the hotel may not be at full capacity.

Robert
Hi could anyone tell me if they allow inflatables in the pools I know some hotels dont allow dont want to take them if not allowed thankyou :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.