Hi all,

I have just learned that my flight times have been changed and I am now arriving after my hotel allows check-ins. I paid £300 extra for early flight times as I have two children and after previous experiences I did not want to hang around all day after checking out. I could have taken similar flights and saved the money, I would not have booked my holiday if these were the only flight time available. It now means that I will have to try and rearrange my parking, book extra days for my dogs at the kennels and hang around in the sun all day (Santorini / Greece) with my youngish children(11 and 10). I have tried to cancel but was told by my travel agent that Thomson will not reimburse me as it is deemed a minor change, this is after having my hotel changed just three weeks ago!!! These are the changes :-

Depart Bristol 06:00 arrive 11:50 hotel check in was 14:00 so with bags and transfers perfect.
Depart Santorini 12:50 arrive 15:00 check-out is 10:00 so again perfect and I would have been home in time to collect my dogs

Changed flight times:-

Depart Bristol 16:20 arrive 22:10 check-in at my hotel ends a 11pm
Depart Santorini 23:10 arrive 01:20 will have to pay extra day for kennels for two dogs

PLEASE HELP is there a way I can cancel and get my money back???