Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Teenrig :wave
Our members reviews on this hotel are located here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/alcudia/astoria-playa-hotel/

Am sure someone will pop in that has been recently to asnwer any specific questions you may have.

HTH

Van
you are in for a treat my freind i think! i stayed by the astoria playa and it looked absolutly beautiful very posh i had chance of booking it was gutted i didnt ENJOY! :lol:
Hi
I stayed in this hotel about 20 years ago and have always wanted to know if it is still going strong!
Would love to go back there one day as I had my first ever kiddie crush on one of the waiters there lol had a great time and would love to know if it still the same now as it was then.
Ellie
Hi Eloisa

yes the astoria playa is still in alcudia, on the main road very close to the beach and shops, It seemed to be very clean and popular from comments heard

Biff
Las time I checked, Portland Direct were doing it.

HTH

Kath HT Admin
That's great news, thank you both so much, you've made my day :D
Ellie
I just found it on the Portland website, it still looks the same (but newly painted lol ) even down to the crazy golf! I have many happy memories of playing there when I was 10 and 11, we went the first time and immediately booked to go back, unfortunately I lost my dad before the second holiday but mum and I went anyway cos we knew he would want us to so it really holds some great memories for me. It's good to know it's still doing so well. I may well go back there next year with my kids and see what they think!
Thanks again for the info
Ellie
We have stayed at this hotel two years running. Its really good. The food is great. You get the same seat in the dining room all the time which means you never have to wait to get seated. Because we are a couple we usually get seated with another couple, but all the people we have been with have been really nice. I guess going as a family you will get a table to yourselves. There's not a wide choice of food, but what there is is good and I always found something, and I'm a fussy eater. Hope you have a good holiday.
Word of warning use thomson holiday site to book not portland use there just magazine and you will save loads compared to portland for the same hotel flights and half board I saved over £400.00 mega bargain.

Another tip use your own insurance not theres as it is much cheaper.

Hope this helps you all.. :D
Hi, has anyone been to the Astoria Playa Hotel in Alcudia recently ?. We are going there in a months time. I have read the reviews and they sound ok, but I was just wondering if anyone had any recent experiences. What food's like etc. Also is this the very noisy part of Alcudia ?
Whatever, we are going there, just hope we like it !
Hi there
We've been to the Astoria Playa 2 years running. It was great. Although not a vast amount of choice for dinner there was plenty to choose from, and the quality was good. Always pizza and pasta if nothing else, but I'm a fussy eater and I always got something to please me. My partner was usually spoilt for choice, but he loves fish so usually had a fish course and then another main course. You can go back and forth as much as you want.

It is situated beside the main road, but apart from the odd noisy moped the noise never bothered us, maybe if you were next to the road it would. Make sure you ask for a quiet room, we e-mailed hotel and got what we asked for both years even though they never replied to e-mail.

The pool area is quite small, but the beach is only a couple of minutes walk away. Some of the pool area can get shady in the afternoon so pick your spot well. We found that if you went to somewhere beside the steps to enter the pool area you got the sun most of the day.

Have a great time, I'm sure you will.
Thanks for your comments. Sounds like its a good hotel. We are starting to look forward to it now ! We have a 7yr old son, I know there are childrens organised activities. Did you find there were many children at the hotel ?
Hi there, when we went it was in September and then June, there were a few older children there and some younger ones in buggies etc. Not really alot of children though, but guess there maybe is in school holiday time. There is always some kind of activity being organized like mini-golf competitions, table tennis, darts etc. I'm sure they'll find plenty to amuse in resort. There are a couple of bars just round the corner that cater for kids, we saw one of the "Tweenies" playing with the kids one night and someone else in costume who we didn't recognise but the kids seemed to be loving it. Maybe your son is too old for that now, but sure he'll find something he'll enjoy.

Happy holidays
Bee
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm sure our son will find plenty to occupy him!
Thanks. TR.
would be greatful for any info on this hotel, thinking of going in august
anyone know the location of this hotel in alcudia. travel agents dont know as it is not in the gazatteer. is it at the port or the british area. we have booked for august.
It is on the main road very close to the strip, about 5 minutes from the beach

HTH
Biff
hi biff 1, are there any land marks next to the hotel or well known pubs or restaurants, my friend is trying to think where it is
Its just along from the alcudia beach hotel, near kfc and pizza hut 100 yards from the traffic lights at the bottom of the strip leading from the belle vue.

HTH
Biff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.