Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
hi, noticed that you have posted re club barcelo, saying you are thinking of cancelling...are you considering moving to hotel barcelo instead ? as we are in the same situation, although the club barcelo was undergoing refurbishment when we were in caleta last summer. from what i understand this is near/completed and the rooms are much improved...hope so :!: its a great complex.

the hotel barcelo is a lovely hotel, but i would prefer an apartment if travelling with a baby/toddler.....also the club is only next door and you are quite welcome to go to the hotel for evening entertainment etc...

plenty of lifts in the hotel, the rooms normally have one very large kingsize bed and a sofa bed, so will be room for a cot although a bit of a squeeze. high chairs are provided in dining room. let me know if you decide to move accom.
Thanks Tracy for the info on highchairs etc. It's so difficult knowing which to stay in. The Barcelo hotel is more expensive bu t as we are taking my mum and dad with us I don't want any problems and having to move rooms like other people have said.

Mind you like you said I am sure that the Club is getting finishe now, I guess it was that and the latest reports of the cleanliness that concerned me.

But hey, as long as the sun is shining and it's warmer than here (-2 c) this morning we will be fine. What date are you going and how old are you children??
Can anyone tell me more about the all-inclusive facility at this hotel.
Particularly if the following are included -
Ice Lollies
Ice Cream
Mineral Water

Do they have late night snacks, for instance at the hotel we stayed in last year (Majorca) they served burgers, hot dogs, chips etc from 9 til 11.30pm which the kids loved :roll:

What are the afternoon snacks?

Any info would be great..........thanks in advance 8)
my niece has just come back from there and said the all inclusive was brilliant loads of stuff free and you can eat your lunch in the pool bar which stops you from getting bored of the same room day after day. we stayed there last summer (not all inclusive) everything about the hotel was brilliant
Thanks for the reply Hazel.
Could you ask your niece what the snacks etc were and post back to me.
I would be most grateful :D
Thanks
Marie
yes i,ll get back to you as soon as i speak to her might be a couple of days
Thats great, thanks very much :D
The Barcelo covers all of those things all inclusive.

Follow this link to their website: CLICK HERE

We stayed there 2 years ago and are returning at the end of July. We can't wait!

Edited to shorten link
Dvaid HT Mod
Thanks Lewiston,
We go mid August and getting very excited already 8)
If you think of anything worth telling me about hotel of resort please feel free.
Marie
What specifically do you want to know marie35p?

We stayed at the Barcelo two years ago and it is certainly one of the best hotels I have ever been in for a holiday.

We didn't stay all inclusive that time, but will be upgrading to AI on arrival this summer.

The Barcelo isn't your normal run of the mill AI. Some AI hotels seem to have a bad reputation, mainly from Brits drinking and eat the place dry from dawn to dusk, but the Barcelo is a bit more relaxed and (without being snobbish) a bit more upmarket.

There are plenty of reviews in the reviews section on here and also have a look at http://www.fuerteventura.com on the forums.
Hi Lewiston
Thanks for the links, all good.
Do you know how much the mini golf is to use; do you think it will be free
on the all - incl?
Was the sea crystal clear when you last went?
Thanks in advance again
Marie
Sorry, can't remember how much the mini golf was. Maybe 4/5 euros?

It was free for my daughter when she went with the mini club, but I think everyone else has to pay.

The sea is lovely and clear, with thousands of little fish swiiming just offshore!
sorry for delay marie computer has been down, still have not spoken to my niece but i know there wasn't any problem with anything foodwise so you won't be disappointed. everything is great the pool areas are fantastic and the rooms are big, modern and clean, i would definatley go back. have a great time. if you have children make sure you take them to feed the chipmunks just a short waalk away, they'll love it
Just to let you know we stayed at the hotel at the end of March. You are in for a treat, the rooms are huge, the pools are fantastic and the food is out of this world. One thing I would say is that on an evening the pool bar shuts and food is served buffet style in the restaurant unitl 10 pm. It is not your typical brits abroad food and there are so many things to try. The children can pick from pasta, chips, fish fingers etc, and lots of ice cream and pancakes, however there is not an actual seperate kids buffet it is all in together. There will be plenty for them to eat. and in the day, they will be able to get burgers and pizzas at the pool bar.

Hope you have a wonderful time, enjoy a bit of luxury!!
Thanks for all your replies, its much appreciated, It all sounds fab, I know I won't be disappointed.
Marie.
hi, just returned from barcelo fuerteventura this morning :( had a fantastic time, we couldn't fault the hotel in any way, we upgraded to AI in resort 18 euros adult 9 euros child, will write a review when i feel more awake :shock: the weather was gorgeous, thank god for the breeze.
Glad you had such a great time tracyf.....can't wait for your review, gimme plenty of detail!
Marie
Glad you had a good time Tracyf, look forward to your review of the hotel.

I am off to the Barcelo on Wednesday :D

Weather doesnt look good though :cry:
hi, before we left the weather forecast was very windy, cloudy even thunderstorms ! we arrived on sunday evening, monday was very cluody no sun until 3pm...(however we all got slightly burnt...do not be deceived and apply lotion even if overcast ) tuesday sun out by 1pm and since then not a cloud in the sky :D when we left on sunday it was glorious ...... do not worry you should have fantastic weather and the breeze (however strong ) is welcoming...............
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.