Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Looking at their website (click here), I can't see anything specifically about closure for refurbishment. However, looking at their rates page for 2008 (click here), none are shown for the period 1 May to 15 June, so perhaps those may be the dates in question.

You could try emailing them at recepcion.tenerife@besthotels.es for verification.

David :wave
I'm off to Tenerife this Friday, we stay very close to this Hotel and will check it out, can only reply on my return in 2 weeks.
Just got home today, the Tenerife Princess is getting a total refurb', the pool area is all broken up and they are busy making a new pool and the whole place is a demolition site, the rooms look as if they are all being refurbed. It now comes under the Best Hotels group, get in touch with your travel agent as there is no way that it will be ready for June, hope that this is of help to you.
oh my god :0( thanks so much for checking for me :0( I am worried sick now i emailed the hotel and they said they reopen to guests from the 16th June we are due to arrive 20th June so as you can imagine i am now worried sick :0(
With only 32 days left i truely don't know what i can do now :0(
Hi, Just been looking around and just seen that hotel best tenerife opens on the 16th june bcuz of Refurbishment . . .I fly out to this hotel on the 17th! Anyone been to tenerife latley and seen how its looking!?
Dave Rodger :)x
We returned last Friday, 6th June and afraid to say hotel was a total mess, as were pool and surrounding gardens. In fact entrance was closed off with rope as there were huge skips being filled. Hate having anything worrying us before we go, so know how you feel. They will perhaps have a way of opening a section of hotel. Hope everything turns out alright. Enjoy!
The same thing happened top us a couple of years ago. but we were due to stay at The Bouganville. Like you we kept hearing all these stories and were very worried. We phoned Thomas Cook 6 days before our holiday and were assured everything would be ready. However, we were met at the airport by the rep who told us we were staying at The Torviscas Playa. The hotel was owned by the same chain and very similar, in fact we preferred Torviscas Playa and returned the next year. I hope it turns out OK for you, but if it is not ready you should be put in the same area in an equivalent or better hotel. Have a great time.
We came back a couple of days ago. Looked in. Don't stop there, its a mess. Sorry to be the messenger of bad news, but this site helps by telling the truth from holidaymakers and not tour operators.
Best of luck, whatever you decide.
Im out here now staying in Bitacora across the road.
They are working very long hours to get it finished, and it looked like majority would be done, however when i peeked over the wall to the pool area, the tennis courts and surrounding grounds were completely filled with rubbish and rubble. Looked like a construction site.
That was yesterday when i looked, they had a lot of work to clear that up.
The main pool area was just being finished tiled then.
The main stuff looks like it will be done. I havnt been inside though so dont know what that looks like.
Let us know how you get on.
Thanks mate, Do you think the pool will be ready to go in for tuesday because thats when i go to this hotel?
i think you should be fine for the pool.
It was all filled with water ready. From what i could see over the wall, it just looked like they were finishing tiling. and the sunbeds were stacked away, they just needed putting out.
It was the tennis courts that were filled with rubble.

that was a couple of days ago now. Ive seen coaches dropping people off this morning.
Theyve worked hard long hours to get it finihsed. Id guess probably just finishing touches now. but like i said before, i havnt seen inside.

have a nice time. its totally read hot here at the min!
thanks to everyone for your help :0) I'm still pretty worried i wil be there on the 20th june so will prob see you there Dave Rodger :0)

I phoned thomson today they said its still showing as bookable form the 16th and that the only thing shut will be the tennis courts and the spa/sauna which we were told about when we booked.
so fingers crossed all will be well there :0)

We normally stay at the Bitacora and have stayed there 5/6 times but always fancied the Tenerife princess now i wish we had just booked the Bitacora again :(

Any info which can be posted on a daily basis would be much appreciated also does anyone know what the currency is in tenerife right now is it better then the UK its 1.23 here today for buying euros.

Thanks again everyone
I was at thomsons 2day asking questions and they said this hotel will be ready for us going and if not . . .Take pictures of what you dont like and show them when you come home!
Myt cya there, Its just me and my gf going to the hotel and shes small soo just come up and say hiya . . .With a beer would be nice lol jks!
Have a good holiday! xxx
:cheers If i find you i will buy you one!

No doubt the place will be packed but you never know you might spot us in the restaurant.

In the meantime i hope its fine tomorrow for you, if you could try and get onto their comps in reception to let me know hows its looking that would be fantastic.
Have a fab time weather looks fab see ya at dinner on Fri night we land at 5pm so i am hoping we make dinner :tup and by sat i shall be :sun2
And if its awful no doubt come sunday we will be in the Bitacora trying to pretend we are residents :cry
Hi 10-dave-10 and welcome to HT!

Can I ask that you don't use phone style text on the forums, eg cya instead of see you, etc?

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Cool, I will keep an eye out for use! Yeah il come on when i get into the hotel and tell you how it is . . .I think everythings going to be fine thou!
Am quite tall with black spikey hair and my girlfriend is a tad on the short side with blonde hair! Hopefully bump into you guys for that cheeeky cocktail :cheers :rofl
Speak soon! xxx :tongue
I shall wait with baited breath :think god i hope the foods good I am starving :tongue
I would be grateful for any comments/advice about this hotel. Myself, my husband and our children are visiting in August.

I believe refurbishment should be completed by then!

If anyone has any tips, good eating places etc I would be most grateful.

Thank you :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.