Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi nicola
I thought that the sahara was for 18-30's or is that the jungla?? :hmmm but i do think that both of these hotels have become more popular with the young-uns(i am also 32)personally i would ask your TA if you can change to the tropico(the reviews say its even noisey there because of the sahara and jungla)so your little ones and yourselves can get a little sleep while away.
kerrie :wave
Just been to the holiday reviews and it does state that the sahara is good for families in low season and that it only gets noisey in high season,Have a word with your travel agent if your worried though,I would!!!!!Its your money your spending to have a great holiday and its their job to see you get what you want.
Goodluck and hope you have a fantastic holiday.
Kerrie :wink:
Thanks Alsbaby

I've rung Portland ( they didn't really understand my problem) and it will cost £20 per person to change (£80) , although my mum thinks that is per change!!
I've been looking at the Floriana apt in Cala Bona but the flight dates are different so I'll have to check it's not per change.

Thanks for your help!
It's nice when someone else confirms what you think (my husband just says, "You decide!!". Not much help!!!
:rofl I have a hubby like that too.
Hope you get it sorted soon and have a great holiday.
We are off to the tropico in 17 sleeps :pele (you will understand having little ones).
Glad i could help if only just a little.
Better safe than sorry thats what i say.
Kerrie :wave
Just wanted to let you know I've booked the Floriana in Cala Bona now!

Thanks for you help!
Hi all, going to Magaluf for our first time in May, Me, Hubby an 2 kids aged 11 & 12, any recommendations for good family bars and restaurants or even cafes? Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers

Misschievious xx
Hi,If you go to the Hotel reviews for Majorca on this site,there are quite a few reviews for this hotel.Have a good holiday.Have a look at the resort reviews as well.
Hi,

I'm thinking of booking a week at these apartments in October for hubby and I.
I've read your reviews and just wondered if somebody could confirm a couple of things for me?

Is there an indoor pool, as no mention of one is made in the Portland brochure which seem a bit strange to me? I would've thought that this would be a good feature to advertise?

Also, has everybody had to pay a 50 euro deposit each, as this would mean me having to take more cash with me initially than I would normally?

Many thanks,

Lisa
Hi Muzzygal

I stayed in these apartments last year and there was no indoor pool. reguarding the deposit. We did not have to pay for that (only for safe which was optional) I understand this was brought into place to cover breakages as it seems to attract the "could not care less for other peple or their property" crowd during the high season. I would contact Portland directly about this is you may not be required to pay it as you are travelling as a couple. Abit out of order I know but there were some right :swear staying when we were there who trashed their rooms and public areas.

It will be lovely in October as the resort will be alot more relaxed but this apartments are still close to the bars and clubs. Check oput the frozen cocktail bar by the beach, just 5 mins walk away if its still open!!
Thanks for the reply!

However, according to the Thomas Cook website, these apartments DO have an indoor pool (1.60m uniform depth).

Confused - you bet! :?
http://www.fiestahotelgroup.com/en/plantilla2.asp?niv1=2&niv2=0&niv3=3&lang=&id_hotel=894&=
This is the Fiesta's own website and it tells you there about one pool being covered.
Thomson don't mention it either.
Thanks Nicola!

For some reason, I couldn't get much info from the Fiesta website when I tried earlier, so that link was great.
Hi all
I stayed in the sahara in february and i can honestly say it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in in low season . It had a really nice atmosphere and the entertainment was good too. It had central heating on at night and the indoor pool was lovely really warm. I went with my boyfriend and there was a lot of older people/families and other couples there.
This was my second time to this hotel the first being at the beginning of june when i was 14 with my family, yes there were a few single groups about but not many as they tend to go later june/july/august.
Overall I think these are good apartments basic but clean very good value for money they are a brilliant location too.
We stayed 2 years ago in these apartments, we visited at Oct half term and had no problems, the apartments and hotel were spotless.We were a bit concerned about the reviews of young guests over enjoying thereselves but when we were there we had no problems.If our holiday was one of the best we`ve had. The apartments are in a ideal situation 5 mins to the beach, there`s loads of nice bars and restraunts near by. If you book there`s a great place (I think its called Eruope) near the apartments, they do a great breakfast. A good Chinese doing buffet half way up the hill to Torrenova and be sure to visit Tom Browns.

Wish I was going again!

Christine W
They must lock it up and hide it during the summer!! Wise thing to do!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.