Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Good disgusting lot. The health implications for the reputation of the hotel could be costly.

Where the heck did this "craze" come from :(
Very odd, we went to this hotel five or six years ago, and don't remember there being any problems, if anything I would say the standards were high there. The gardens, landscaping and pools were beautiful.

I'm surprised to hear that it's at this hotel as Holiday Villages are suitable for kids of 12 and under. It sounds like this is a teen/young adult problem and don't remember seeing many there.

It's a family hotel for kids with their Mums and Dads, there are no groups of young adults on their own they would be bored out of their brains.

Any older teens/young adults who are still going to Sharm are serious scuba divers, which doesn't seem to fit the profile for this kind of behaviour.

Others tend to have moved over to Magaluf, Malia, Zante style type holidays without parents.
This all started as some kind of dare from the very start when Holiday Villages first appeared and has been a continuing problem ever since although not to the same levels as previously.

Disgusting and what the heck are the parents doing when this is going on?

Been mentioned as far back as 2011 http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/holiday-village-red-sea-sharm-sheikh-t90302-1760.html?hilit=holiday%20village%20pool#p1540643
I won't post the link on here ( don't think it's really appropriate ) but if you google Jacuzzi Poop :yikes it's on you tube .
Personally I blame Kevin and Perry .
dirty b@@@ers should be jailed for 2 weeks as well as the fine....
Unless they are caught 'on the job' how on earth are they going to prove who did the deed?
Was reading coral sea waterworld Facebook where this is actually happening at present and it's all getting a bit nasty ( think Facebook have deleted stuff now) the guests were threatening to take things into their own hands. Allegedly guests overheard a group of seven or eight 13 to 14 year old boys taking about whose turn it was to 'do this' the following day and the men who were there with their little kids who have paid a fortune for their holidays were going to 'sort it' - not sure what that means, but they are fed up with the hotel not carrying through the threats to chuck people out of the hotel. I guess the hotel are probably worried about the adverse publicity, not that this can be doing them much good.

What a totally horrible situation. :( imagine spending all that money on a hotel and then having to put up with this and the poor staff who have to keep cleaning it up, sometimes all pools have had to be shut at the same time and it takes three hours to sort it due to the chemicals they have to use.
Although this has been happening at several hotels over the last few years it seems it is a "thing" that happens mostly in Sharm.
I stayed at the HV when it first opened and not many folk used the pools because it was December.
Last December we stayed at the Coral Sea Water World and I had read that the pools had been closed many times just before we went.
I dont swim but I went with the intentions of looking out for any culprits.
However we spent out time at the beach but the pools in the hotel and the water park were never closed when we were there.
Some teenagers were overheard by other guests this week deciding who would be the one to "close" the pool and were more or less warned by a certain guest what would happen to them if they attempted it, :yikes
They flew home today but it seems an internet craze and is happening in HV hotels in Turkey too,
No the wonder guests have been ill these past few weeks.
Most of the media have reported these hotels are popular with Stags and Hens which is not the case as they are family hotels and very expensive in the summer months.
The article is sloppy Daily Mail reporting as the first picture is the Red Sea holiday village and the second and thiird are the Coral Sea Waterworld where the recent incidents have taken place.

Neither of these hotels attracts Stags and Hens, there us nothing for them there. They are advertised to the family market - so also poor reporting (don't they ever check anything to get stuff mildly accurate ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.