Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Whilst your waiting for replies Janet, if you haven't already read them here are our reviews for this hotel. There's one from someone who was there in May this year:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-del-sol/fuengirola/gardenia-park-hotel/

If anyone has stayed here recently please add your review via the above link. Many thanks :tup
I have a house just across the road from the Gardenia Park, Janet, and all the reports we hear in summer are good (in winter some people complain there are too many Spanish in residence, but it is Spain, after all). The location is good with bus stops just outside and a 7/8 min stroll to Torreblanca station. To the rear is Torreblanca beach and some very cosy wee bars, my own local, the Red Dragon included. Public areas are very clean and there always seem to be people coming and going, summer and winter
Arrived Monday to find Gardenia Park strangely closed and shuttered... unusual as its a year round hotel, never seen it closed before.... word around here is that is closed for refurbishment but no sign of work or workmen... anyone with advance bookings might be advised to check status... hope its only temporary... its very quiet around Torreblanca at the minute, tho sun is shining warm and brightly... already the wee strip of bars at the back of the Gardenia have noticed a drop-off in passing trade.
spent many good holidays here love that hotel ...
Hi Jimg
AFAIK - the hotel Gardenia Park closed in January for refurbishment - due to reopen around the 5th May.

Sanji
They´ll be pushing it to make that date, Sanji. Sitting across the road just now and no signs of life whatsoever... I do hope you are right...
Regards

JG
Now scheduled to become an aparthotel next season, according to chat locally. Would probably mean an end to the present restaurant/entertainment facilities which seem to attract the most criticism in visitor reviews. A popular and comfortable hotel otherwise, thanks to that refurbishment of 2013 and does seem to be well-subscribed by guests all year round. There's an obvious cost-cutting advantage in the move which hopefully would be reflected in competitive pricing and also mean a very welcome spin-off in breakfast, lunch and evening meal trade for the little bars to the rear of the hotel on Torreblanca seafront (Red Dragon recommended)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.