Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Today, I came back from Golf Residence Hotel.

I am very satisfied with the hotel and in a few days I'll give you some pictures.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Hi Pittie,
I'm glad you liked the hotel. I found it very good when I was there a few years ago and it is certainly very well situated. We will meet up in Tunisia one day I hope but so far we've always managed to miss eachother :roll: I'm back in six weeks and can hardly wait.
Thanks Pittie!
Very welcome feedback for me there, I`m glad you enjoyed the hotel and your holiday. Only 17 more days to go. :D :D :D
Aslemma: I'm back in six weeks and can hardly wait.

I'm going back into 8 weeks (8th May). Maybe we'll see eachother in september ?????
4th - 25th September.

Kind regards from a very cold Holland,
Pittie
I'll miss you again in May Pittie as I'm leaving on 7th! I'll bear your dates in mind for the Autumn, though I usually leave it until October!!

It's blooming cold here too by the way - I certainly need some sun :lol:
me and my girl friend have just booked a week long holiday here for september. both of us are 20. we knew wen we booked that it would be a quiet holiday away from the usual madness from home.

but after lookin at reviews of this place both of us are thinkin about goin up and just changing to spain or greece cause of the amount of BAD reviews on this place! every thing about this place seems to be crap from food and stuff to do at nite. i like havin a fry in the mornin and all that but this place seems to do any thing like that.

i have read this place looks NOTHING like is does in the prochere books.

so i was just wonderin if any of u's could help me out, weather i should head to spain or just come here?

*Edit please do not use phone text Briar
Hi Gavin,

Golf Residence is a good hotel {see my review}, but I think not the place for 20's !

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Tunisia certainly doesn't suit everyone Gavin, though many people of all ages do love the place. It is very different from Spain, or at least the Costas. You are unlikely to get a fry-up in the hotels and there isn't a big drinking culture, though the Golf Residence is right next to the Brauhaus (pub). There are a few nightclubs but most of the entertainment is in the hotels and you can go into any of them if there is nothing you fancy at the one you are staying at. You have obviously read a lot of the reports on here about both the hotel and the country and I think you are right that it may not be for you. It is a good thing that we don't all like the same thing and the beauty of this site is that you can get an idea of a place in advance. I hope you both have a good holiday wherever you choose to go.
cheers for the replys aslemma and pittie

just 1 more question, is it safe enough to walk about the streets durin the day and nite? because she has read 1 or 2 reviews on other sites were people have came to abit of bother
Just got back last night from the golf Residence.
And we cant wait til we go back.

This hotel is spotles, and i mean spotles. Rooms to. entertainment was fun, and i was part of it quite often. Staff was realy great and very friendly. Food wasnt the best, but not the worse either. All you can eat. we went half board. No fry ups like back home i`m afraid. Good choice though, Pastries, eggs, sausage, no bacon, beand, rice pudding, cheesse, meat, salad, cercels, plenty of bread, fruit, and other stuff i forgot now.
Dinner was lotd of meats, very nice, rice or cws cws, selection of salads, soups, and chips a few days a week, but chips are available from the pool snack bar. ice cream, lots of cakes. endless.
Outside pool area, very very good and again spotles. matress for your lounger only 1 dnr. indoor pool was awesome and very warm.
three bars there, fitness room, sauna, massage.
very helpfull people.
we didnt feel at risk at all during the day, The walf is only 10 min to the lovely beach where you find alot of good watersports, we went for a few walka at night, we felt ok. you will get some hassle during your first couple of days from your hotel to the beach, cos you have to pass a few shops, but if you say no firmly for two days, then they know you and leave you alone.
any thing else let me know.
Just come back from a fab holiday in PEK Tunisia, After woring about it, It turned out to be one of the best holiday we`ved had after Disney world Florida.which was the best.
If anyone requires any info about this hotel, Or anything on PEK. Please let me know. Cant wait to go back now!!!!!might go back in october :lol: :D
If you like to see the pictures Francis, Ruse and Laura have made in Golf Residence, please look HERE.

Pictures can be resized.

Kind regards from the Netherlands
Pittie
Lovely pictures Pittie - they bring back some happy memories. It always amuses me that we've had the same cakes in every hotel I've ever stayed in - the chefs must all go to the same cookery school. :lol:
cheers for the pictures, must say the place looks spotless! bit too good for us haha

so whats the tempreture in september over there??
paul really pleased you liked it cant wait to go back in august, pittie thanks for the pics the photo of the waiter putting glasses on the table was very helpful when we where there i gave him my ireland shirt and he was over the moon is mohammed still there doing the entertainment paul? :D
Yes eireman! He`s still there. We had a laugh with him. hek of a man he is. I was part of entertainment nearly every night, Apart from my daughter on karaoke night.
They were doing up and painting the water park across the road from the hotel ready for May opening. Its open may - october. I think we are going back in October this year.
I cant imagine the weather in August eireman. They told me its unbarable around the 40- 45 mark and you just sweat standing still. You can cook your breakfast on the sidewalk they say. :roll:
thanks for the reply m8 really looking forward to it now
cheers

*Edit please do not post in phone text Briar
Hi folks,
I am of to Hotel Golf Residence Port El Kantaoui in 5 weeks,can anybody please tell me what the Dress Code is like in the Restaurant at Evening Meal.Is it dress trouser's and shirt or can you wear tidy 3/4 length trousers and a polo shirt. The reason I ask is thier is No point taking dress clothes if not needed.Also could get any other info from you if needed.

Thanks for your Help.

Charlie.
Hi Charlie
We were there at the end of March, Cant wait to go back.
There is a dress code for the restaurant, But its not smart dress only. Like trousers and shirt. 3/4 trousers will do fine, That what i wore all the time and alot of other people to. Just wear a t-shirt or a jumper with it.
They dont like you going in with swimming shorts or wet trunks that all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.