Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Rockdj,
Your hotel is bang in the centre of Salou, there are pubs/bars/ restaurants/shops all around it. Its a 2 min walk to the beach. I have never stayed there myself but have walked past it and it looks nice, so does the pool around the back.
As for barcelona, you can get a coach there, it was 17.50 euros return back in may. the coach picks up at lots of stops around Salou, there is actually a bus stop opposite your Hotel, going by coach is very scenic, i have done this myself and it took about 90 mins to get there.
There is a train station in Salou, i am not sure how much it costs to get to Barcelona but i have been told and read reports that it gets packed full and there is no room to move.
The reps also do trips there although it does work out more expensive to go with them.
Salou is a very lively and busy place,although i have never been at the end of the season so i am not sure what it is like then but if you look on this forum i am sure you will find advice about october in Salou, there is some thing for everyone from quiet back street bars to karoeke bars and clubs that go on all night.
There is a wide variety of food at the many different restaurants.
If fair grounds appeal to you then a visit to Port Aventura is a must, its a great day out and only 10 mins up the road.
Have you checked the reviews in the holiday reports section on this site? there is some good ones there.
there is also some on these sites
http://www.tripadviser.com
http://www.holidaysuncovered.com

If you look on these sites you will find photos of your hotel and more info
http://www.h10hotels.com
http://www.holidayhotels.com

Have a good holiday :wink:

Loulou
Hi Loulou

Thank you very much for your reply. I will check out the links for further information. I am glad you mentioned the problem with the train being over crowded as this would be a problem. I think the bus is a must for us.

Thanks again

rockdg
Hi
Yes the train to Barcelona is very crowded, we had to stand the whole way which was over an hour, a bit cheaper to travel though, at 12 euro, return. the very early train is not crowded, but getting back was hectic, best to check out all the timetables as not all trains/buses run as they say.
Have fun! Barcelona is out of this world, well worth a trip :D
Please check out our City Breaks forum too, as we have loads of info there in our Barcelona Q&As topic.

David :wave
:roll: im booked here for may half board, can anyone tell me if the rooms
have have a kettle i love my caffine and need a couple in the mornings to waken me up !!!!!!!!!!!
thanks
We take a little travel kettle,enough for a cuppa :D
thanks i will take a kettle with me
ive booked for may, ive just read in the brochure that you have to dress for evening meals,
it's my 13yr old im thinking of, does this mean long trousers and a shirt???
thanks
Hotels tend not to be as strict with the kids, my 3 have worn 3/4 trousers and long length shorts along with trousers and a shirt/t shirt and i have never had a problem.

Loulou
Just about to book a 2 week holiday in Hotel Salou Princess in Salou......Can anyone give me any idea what tis hotel is like?

• Edited by Di1511 2006-01-30 21:19:46
Hi Di1511 and welcome to HT!

Are you sure you have the correct name of the hotel? I hav searched and can't find it listed. All I have found so far is the Salou Princess.

luci :wave
That's the one luci - or did Di ask about a different hotel before she edited ?

H10 is the group name which is added to each hotel name.

Di .. I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic, you can also read our reviews of the hotel by clicking HERE.

Thanks David. I see that Di has edited their post to correct the name of the hotel. It originally just said the Hotel Princess in Salou rather than the Hotel Salou Princess. :wink:

luci :wave
l have just reacently booked a holiday to the Hotel H10 Salou Princess in Salou. I just wondered if anyone can give me some information. What is the rooms, food & location like. Any info would be really helpful :wave
Hi THP ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic. If you use the link in my post above, you can access our reviews of this hotel.

we are going to salou in september, the hotel we are staying in is the salou princess ,can anyone tell me what the hotel is like , and if the theme park is any good.
Hi ams ... your enquiry has also been merged with this existing topic about the Salou Princess, which includes a link to our reviews page.

We have a separate 'sticky' topic about the theme park.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.