Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
When we stayed at the Tour Khalef last year, son went on the search for internet, (typical teenager lol) sadly the internet connections were down more or less every day, he did go on a mission to find the internet cafe, but he couldn't find it :que , he did survive though without internet use for the 2 weeks :)
You could check out the Marhaba Beach first as it seems to be the nearest. The Sousse Palace is on the left almost at the bottom of Boujafaar. Go to the end of the Corniche (where the Noddy Train and tuktuks stop) and follow the road round to the right - there is a big hotel, Abou Nawas Boujafaar and the Tunisiana building. Go straight down that road and you will see it. The internet cafe is just inside and they are quite friendly. Internet is, however, quite slow in Tunisia so I only use it occasionally to check for any e-mails.
Hi aslemma just a couple of questions do u know if they have a minibar in the rooms?Do you have to pay for the sunbeds at the pool and the beach and how much?So looking forward to this holiday hope all goes well many thanks christine :sun2 :hols :hols
Hi Chris, My computer's been down for a few days so I've only just seen this. It's four years now since I actually stayed at this hotel and I can't remember if there was a mini-bar or not. Neither can I remember if you pay for sun beds, but there is usually a small charge, at least for the mattress. I'm sure you'll enjoy your holiday (and will remember to write a report on the hotel when you get back :tup )
Hi again :wave:

I've just decided to venture back to HT and was suprised to see how many other people are going to this hotel! Can i ask is there any good boat trips for us to go on? Also because we are going half board i will need to buy lunch and drinks (2 adults and 2 kids) and was wondering how expensive the food and drinks are? Also is the supermarket nearby?
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks
Eating out is quite cheap and prices are shown outside the restaurants so you shouldn't get any nasty surprises. The hotels also have snack bars which are quite good.

There are lots of little 'supermarkets' which will sell all sorts of things, including water, and a slightly better one just past the English Pub, but for a proper shop you really need the Magasin General. There is one in Sousse not that far from the hotel and another in PEK, just to the right before you go through the arch into the Marina. Both these sell alcohol though probably not on Fridays.

For boat trips, take a walk down to the Port in Sousse (not far from the Medina) or get a taxi/'noddy train'/tuktuk into Port el Kantaoui. In both places you will see the Pirate Ships lined up and you can book a half-day trip. These go out some way, anchor so you can fish or swim from the ship, and provide a light lunch and soft drinks. Prices are 'negotiable'. :wink: You will often find someone in the hotel selling these trips or your rep will organise it, but you will get a better deal by organising it yourself. I would suggest you have a wander round on a nice sunny day and see what's about.
Hi aslemma
Thanks again for your swift reply. Glad to hear its cheap to eat out. We normally go AI when we go on our hols. Cause i got a good deal we decided to go half board. We probably won't want much to eat at lunchtime. I think it will be the drinks ie water etc that will cost us the most. Looking forward to doing the boat trip,we love going out on the boat and swimming in the sea.
Only 5 months to go....cannot wait to see some sun and get away from this depressing country!!! :( Thanks again for your help :cheers
i b staying at this hotel in april,i cant wait lots of grt reviews,.i b going by myself,i love tunisia my 5th time good hotels to go and be entertained,may c u there not long now :tup
BARBARA wrote:
i b staying at this hotel in april,i cant wait lots of grt reviews,.i b going by myself,i love tunisia my 5th time good hotels to go and be entertained,may see you there not long now :tup

We are going to this hotel in July,so maybe when you get back please could you let us know what you thought. Really looking forward to it, i need some sun!! Thanks :)
Hi vodkachick i read you are going to the marhaba hotel in july would you please let me know what it was like when you get back as im going august 5th for 2 weeks with my hubby and 2 girls.I would like info like the weather the rooms and the cleanliness of the whole place.Also could you let me know if there are mini bars in the rooms many thanks christine :) :)
Hi Christine, Will look for you when we arrive on the 12th August for 2 weeks, hopefully you will have lots of insider knowledge for me........
Hi Christine 06 and Lindaboogie1 :wave:

I will be happy to write a review on this hotel when i get back. Just paid the final balance today so Tunisia here we come!! :sun2. Only 3 months to go till we see some proper sun,and can relax by the pool :D
Hi,
I'm going to tunisia in 12 days :fly
and we are staying at the Tej Mahaba, sousse.
never been before, can anyone fill me in...
is there anything we should look out for??
places we should go ??

Smudgey :sun2 :sun
Hi all off to the marhaba hotel on wed can anyone tell me if there are towels in the rooms and also if they have a mini bar?Also do we have to pay for the sunbeds and how much,do they have safe deposit boxes lots of quetions hope they can be answered.We are so looking forward to this holiday and i hope ive made a good choice :) :sun :fly :thanks :thanks all information on this hotel will be much appreciated
Hi Christine ... while you wait for some feedback, you will find our reviews of the hotel HERE, if you haven't already seen them.

David :wave
Hi Smudgey, Although I've never stayed at the Tej Marhaba, I've visited it several times as a friend stays there when she's in Sousse. The map below will give you an idea of its location:
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/3136/soussekaartgroot6bs.jpg
Although its not actually on the beach, that is only down the road and the hotel itself has a very nice pool area with plenty of sunbeds. The rooms seem quite large with decent cupboard space. There is a reasonable bathroom, and the staff seem friendly. My friend says the food is OK. There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area which you can try for a change. There is a large shopping centre attached to the hotel, but prices there are somewhat higher than elsewhere. There are some mixed reviews on here which I'm sure you've looked at. I can't comment on the entertainment as I've only seen it a couple of times over the years. You will get plenty more general info on here about Sousse and Tunisia in general but if you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask. Hope you have a lovely time.

Christine - all hotels provide towels which are changed daily and you usually have to pay for the mattresses on the sunbeds but it's not more than one or two dinars. Sorry, but I can't remember the answers to your other queries.
  • Edited by Aslemma 2009-08-01 17:30:24
Hi Christine 06

We got back from Marhaba hotel last Wed. I can honestly say that we had a fantastic time! There is no fridge or mini-bar in the room which was a little annoying. There is however good aircon in the rooms. The towels are changed on a daily basis in the rooms,but you need to take your own towels for the sunbeds. The sunbeds costs 1 dinar per day,but if you ask the pool man he will reserve them for you on a daily basis if you slip him a dinar (about 50p). The location of the hotel is right on the beach which is ideal for all the watersports or if you just fancy a dip in the sea.
The entertainment in the evening is a bit hit and miss,but the entertainers work very hard to please everyone. I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel,infact i am already pricing up for next year which has gone up a hell of alot in price. If you need any more info please do not hesitate to ask. Hope you have a great time,we did!!
Hi Peeps HELP NEEDED :que

We are looking to book a holiday for next July for 10 nights at the Hotel Marhaba Sousse with Thomas Cook and have some questions we need answering so would be greatful if anyone could answer them for us before we book :)
1) Do you have to cross a road to get to the beach, someone read somewhere you do have to but as there will be 7 children in party ranging from 1 to 11 years might be a bit tricky?

2) Allegedly Sousse has a reputation of a "Blackpool" in Tunisia?????? Meaning loud rowdy and full of female/male parties?

3) If we stay at the Hotel Marhaba can we use the facilities of the other Marhaba hotels freely?

4) Are the sunbeds around pool and beach and towels free to AI peeps?

Any other info gladly welcomed, there are as I said earlier kids and adults in the party however all the reviews on the netI can find are rather dated.

:tongue Think thats all.

Thanks in advance Amanda
Hi Amanda welcome to HT :wave:

Any other info gladly welcomed, there are as I said earlier kids and adults in the party however all the reviews on the netI can find are rather dated.

You can find several recent reviews in our review section here - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/sousse/marhaba-hotel/

I am sure you will receive more help and info shortly.

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.