Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
My wife & I have booked a fortnight during September.

We're planning to visit every World Heritage Site.....so you can imagine we'll be pretty busy on the touring front.

Just one question though:

What's the hotel like to chill out on a non-touring day and sit by the pool whilst reading a book?
When we were there a couple of years ago we went on the africa trip , you can book it through the rep

It is a massive zoo, then you get a 3 course meal in a giant thatched hut, it was fab. brillaint day out
Non touring days - I was there last August on we spent alot of time around the pool reading during our days off from visiting the sights. The music around the main pool ( the one with the slides) at the Marhaba was not very easy to chill out around, the pool at the Marhaba Club was quieter and you could spend all day there chilling out. You can use the pools at the Marhaba, the Marhaba Club, the Marhaba Beach and the Tour Khalef.........just walk through the gardens to find them.
does anyone know if they have pool towels here or do we need to take our own
Hi we are currently looking at the Marhaba Salem.....all these Marhabas....!for september this year.Already it looks like flights have been withdrawn from Bournemouth so looking at Bristol.Is the beach here private?Hotel details say it has a beach bar.Are there free sunbeds on beach? I am beginning to wonder if the reviews I am reading are really for the marhaba Salem. Anyone know why they have stopped Bournemouth flights?Have e mailed thomsons but not heard back yet.Anyone stayed here. We did Abou Sofiane last october and was good apart from weather,but cant find any reasonable prices for this.Any feedback appreciated! :)
I can tell you more in a few weeks as I'll be at the Marhaba Salem from 18th March for 15 days. I stayed at the Royal Salem in October which is in the same complex but the Royal was coming up considerably dearer this time. You can use the facilities of all the hotels in the complex. Most of the hotels have parts of the beach which they claim as their own, I have never found them to be 'private' as we would think of the term. The grounds are quite extensive and there are several pools and plenty of quiet places with sun beds and scattered seats to sit and read in the sunshine or shade if you want.
Hey thanks Aslemma!look forward to hearing what you think of the Marhaba Salem. Hope you have a good time!Julie :)
Well I have booked for the Marhaba Salem 18 september for a week :) Flying from Luton as it was the only airport in the south that had flight times that appealed to us.Very difficult to travel up from southampton on sunday afternoons as loads of holidaymakers returning from the south coast.Decided to book as prices seem to have started going up a bit.Had reply from Thomsons.Not flying to Tunisia from Bournemouth at all this summer.
Glad you've now booked. The weather should be ideal at that time of year - still lovely and warm without the intense heat of high summer. I may be back myself then as I'm looking for around that date but prices for flights seem to have gone up quite a bit from Stansted which is my most convenient airport.
Hi Aslemma I just read your reviews of Sousse and the Royal Salem.Is the Marhaba Salem the same as the Royal Salem?Cant find any recent reviews for the Marhaba Salem.Glad you had a good time and Tunisia is recovering!
They are two different hotels jujuju but in the same complex and you can use most of the facilities of both, The Marhaba Salem is officially a 3* and the Royal a 4*. I had actually booked into the Salem this year as it was quite a lot cheaper but it was closed for refurbishment so I was moved to the Royal.
Ah thanks.Well that sounds hopeful anyway....closed for refurbishment!Should be done by the time we get there in september.Is the beach very close?Julie :)
The beach is just down the path through the grounds.
going here in august, do they hand out pool towels and what facilities can you use of the other hotels, how many pools bars etc and whats best there.
No pool towels Chris. I don't know whether A/I facilities at one hotel can be used at the other as I always go H/B but you can certainly use the bars and watch the entertainment at any of the hotels. In August most of the entertainment will take place outside by one of the pools and is open to all. The new pool bar should be up and running by then as it was well on the way when I was there in March,
thanks for the reply, Thomas Cook told me that they did give out pool towels so glad I asked on here.So as im AI i can use any bar in the complex ?is the complex large, many pools etc
Hi Chrisbluenose
Is it at the Marhaba Royal Salem they supply beach/pool towels??? Or have I read this wrong. :que
not sure mate getting diff stories , i got told by tom cook they provided but on here says not
Anyone anything about refurb work going on here, friends are going in 16 days and have just been moved to one of the other hotels on the complex...didn't realise refurb was going on and if it is how longs it going on for im due out in August ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.