Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
food was ok and plenty off it my friend said. He was staying in nogal 2 adults and 3 kids and was happy enough with the room ie it was clean and the maid was regular drinks watered down im sure as the beer is terrible but in general the hotel looked fine one word of caution get a safe asap as one unlucky chap from aberdeen i think had his room broken into 2 days running he was on the third floor of ocean side no sign of door being forced so key must have been used he had all his valubles in the safe but games consoles and games etc were taken and the second time some piece of medical equipment his daughter needs was taken as its quite valuable the manager wasnt very helpfull but as i say he had a safe so it could have been a lot worse
Hi Janet, First Choice are pulling out of the hotel from April. Ive had a reply off the rep I speak to and she said everything is fine, nothing is any different to the last time I was there so really cant see what there is to complain about. If you look on holiday watchdog forums theres loads of good reviews. Try and ignore the bad reviews you see, we went to Majorca 2 years ago and after booking I read loads of awful reviews and we were really dreading the holiday but infact we had an excellent time. A holiday is what you make it. theres lots to do for kids and adults at Ocean resort, the drinks are fine, my husband actually really like the beer, better than we've had in other all inclusive hotels. A favourite drink of ours was vodka and lemon fanta, loads of people were drinking it too.
Maids work hard, staff are all friendly, reps are great, food is varied, always hot, always salads, chips, rolls, soups, fruit, cakes plus lots of different choices for main meals. Honestly Janet you dont need to worry! (unless you are very fussy!!)
:) hi thanks for the comments, as you say its what you make of a holiday even when the hotels are not so good you make the most, thanks for putting my mind a rest, looking forward to the holiday just one question can you bye drinks after the alinclusive finishes :tup Janet
i agree [Honestly Janet you dont need to worry! (unless you are very fussy!!)] but have to disagree about the beer my friend is a barman in the ocean resort and [tropical] thats the name of the beer is the lowest grade and therefore the cheapest beer the hotel can buy and it shows as its horrible thats how lots of people drink vodka and fanta lemon including me and no you cannot buy drink in hotel after 11.45pm when a/i finishes
:) hi looks like we will be drinking vodka, if i have larger i put lime in it so it will kill the taste if they have lime, just one thing does your friend say much about been a lot of breakings
:cheers thanks janet
Theres a shop next door to the hotel which sells alcohol or theres other shops just down the road, we bought bottles of vodka and baileys and drank on our balcony most nights after the bar closed. When we were there we didnt hear of any break ins but they do happen in all hotels unfortunately, theres always some people out there wanting to ruin things for others, such a shame.
If the beer is the cheapest you can buy it really didnt taste it to us lot, we preffered it to the normal san miguel actually, but everyone has their own taste.
Just 1 word of advice, dont go in the sauna then come out and drink several glasses of the lager, it really wasnt good, lets just say I didnt make it down for dinner that night :cheers silly me didnt think about the sauna dehydrating me :whoops
One great thing I will suggest is you can pay a deposit at reception (which you get back) and you get a key to the roof, where you can take some drinks up, theres a mini fridge, a few sun loungers (good quality ones) a jacuzzi, shower and toilet,so you dont need to leave, could stay up there all day if you really wanted. its so peaceful and not many people know about it or bother with it. Theres some amazing views too! Oh well, might even see you up there Janet :sun2
Hi, going to Ocean Resort Palace on Monday and have read lots of reviews which vary between 10/10 and 2/10 !! Also worried by the fact that First Choice have pulled out...could this be due to the amount of complaints ?!
There are 10 of us going, aged between 65 to 3 (six adults and four children), I have already confirmed that we are in the main hotel so that is a bonus.

I should be at the stage where I am getting excited about this holiday but I am worried as I booked for everyone and I don't want them to be disapointed.

Is this hotel really as bad as people make out or are some people hard to please ?!

Help, have I booked a holiday from hell ???!
no you have not booked a holiday from hell so dont worry
some people are hard to please and some people have stayed in this hotel before it changed to all inc me included and it was a brilliant hotel before all inc its still ok its just some people myself included far preffered it before all inc so are comparing it to how it was before

dont worry im sure you will enjoy it
I am due to go to this hotel in october and read so many bad reviews anybody who can give me honest info on this hotel please : :que i have booked a suite
Hi Mandy ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the hotel. You may find some useful info in earlier pages.

Good or bad, the reviews should also be regarded as honest, as members are just giving their own personal opinions. For our reviews page for this complex, please click here.

David :wave
hi can you tell me if you can still hire towels from the hair saloon, do you know what the pub his called to right of the hotel thanks
;) janet
Hi, just got back from Ocean Resort and thought I would give you a quick update on my holiday !
Definately not a 4 star, however room (suite) and food all really nice. Alot of the hotel is looking dated and it could be really nice with a little bit of TLC ! The tiles around the pool are really dirty and they only have really small bins around the pool area which once they are full just stay full until the following morning when they are emptied. What really annoyed me is kids eating in the pool and just leaving there plates/ice cream tubs by the side of the pool which just added to the mess. One day we went to the beach and when we came back the pool area was filthy were nobody bothered to put their rubbish in the bin. Alot of the area's are understaffed but the staff they have all work really hard and I did not find them rude at all. They need to air condition the evening entertainment bar as this was just to hot to sit in (plus all the regulars bag their tables as soon as it is open, so it is difficult to get a decent seat anyway.

I would not go back to this hotel again unless it had an overhaul, but on saying that we had a great holiday and I would definately go back to Tenerife. If you have booked to go their don't panic as it was ok but if you are used to 4 Star then you will be a little bit disapointed.
:) thanks for your update glad you had a nice time, would you say the hotel could of been kept cleaner if people just used there brains and tell there children to eat out side the pool some times its the people who are staying at the hotels which make them such a mess do you think, how far his the beach and bars from the hotel
thanks Janet :D
The hotel would definately be better if parents told their children (and themselves in some cases) to put litter in bins.
They have an S.O.S man sat by the pool all day (half the time he is asleep) and the time a boy fell over and had blood dripping from his head he was nowhere to be seen and a lady who was staying at the hotel and was a nurse dealt with it....I think it would not hurt him to walk round with a black bag a couple of times a day and clear the bins and any mess lying around...this would improve things alot.
I would say that it is about a 10-15 minute walk to shops and bars, we enjoyed the walk and would normally walk down and get a taxi back which only costs between 5-10 euros.
Hi due to go to ocean resort in a suite october and read some really bad reports. The last one i read a woman was saying that the pool on top of the roof was leaking and it was wet through all in the corridors she was staying on floor 2.? we have 2 children 9 and 6 and getting quite worried.
Hi, we did not not hear any reports of the pool on the roof leaking, however it is only an adult pool on the roof and you need a key to access it. We were in a suite in the main hotel on level 2 and we had no problems, even though we were just above the entertainment. Some nights were a bit noisy again this would be helped by parents controlling their children and not allowing them to run up and down the corridors screaming ! My children are 7 & 3 and I did not see the older one and felt very safe there, we did go with friends but she made many more there. We did not try the kids club so not sure what that was like but the kids all loved the evening entertainment, we used to sit outside as it was so hot and allowed the kids to go in and sit at the front as long as we knew where each other were. Some reports say the staff were rude but I never found that at all, I would say they were overworked but if you are polite to them , they were polite back !! A note the safe was really expensive and you did not get much of it back. We kept valuables in a pad locked case and kept the key with us...not many people will walk out with a huge suitcase. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Sharon
Hi Janet we are going on the 3rd as well do you feel any better reading some of the reviews now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.