Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
:duh hi nothing we can do now we will after just put up with it because it cost a lot to change hotels
thanks Janet :duh
:) hi can you let me know when you go if they are starting to do any refurbishment
thanks Janet :que
:) hi does anybody know when firat choice pull out of the the hotel
Hi, we are returning to ocean resort in September after an excellent holiday there last yr. We recommened this hotel to some friends who then enquired about it at First Choice for next yr and they were told they are not doing this hotel from 2009 due to an arguement between the travel agents and the hotel, apparently its to do with Thompsons and First choice joining together.
I cant wait for my holiday....12 weeks to go :cheers
:) thanks for the information, hope you have a good holiday, did you stop in the hotel or the apartment side nogal beach think we will be in the nogal beach side beause we have booked aappartment
We stayed in the suites last yr as this was recommended to us by the travel agent and we made sure we got suites again this yr. The apartments are only really a 3* but they still looked decent enough to me, you can use all the facilities of the main hotel anyway. Have a great holiday xxx
:D hi thanks, as my husband says we are not in the apartment all the time and other the years before we had children we stopped in some very very basic hotels, i hope the weather will be ok in october
thanks Janet :cheers
Yeh we never worry too much about the room as all we do in them is wash and sleep.
We went in October last year and it was really hot, I had an allergic reaction so had to stay out of the sun for about 5 days yet I still got burnt sitting under a parasol. What date in Oct are you going? we go September 23rd for 14 nights so will be out there beginning of oct!! :sun2
hi we are going on the 3rd for 2 weeks
janet
ooooo we'll prob see ya there then, think we come home on 7th,lol. we went 3rd oct last yr, going 2 wks earlier this yr tho :) you'll have to wear a sign saying 'im janet' on your 1st day, lol :cheers
how many of you are going? theres 7 of us, 4 adults (me,my husband, my mum & dad) and my 3 boys who will be 9 6 and 3!
:) hi they will be 6 of us me and my husband and son age 11 first week and for the second week my brother and wife and teenage son are coming
:) janet
hi reading some new reviews not giving the hotel good reading say the hotel very poor now :que janet
Hi Janet, I'm still in touch with a couple of the reps from last yr who are there again this year so i will message them and ask them if its any dif to last yr and get back to you!
Hi Helen*A and welcome to HT!

Can I ask that you don't use phone style abbreviations on the forums as per our Rules of Posting, eg yr instead of year and diff instead of difference, etc?

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks.

luci :wave
OK sorry for that, I knew you didnt like text style but didn't realise quite how strict it was, its also a bad habit of mine. Sorry again.
Hi Janet, I've just looked at the last comment on this hotel on the review section and every hotel has technical problems at different times (regarding the air conditioning) our room had really good air conditioning, but reading the post I think they might have been in the Nogal side, am I right in thinking this is the side you are?
Cockroaches are a known problem in Tenerife, no matter what hotel you stay in really.
I have messaged one of the reps I am friendly with and waiting for her to reply. ( this is so hard not shortening any of my words :)
:) hi it his the reports on tripadvisor that made me question the state of the hotel
:) janet
hello janet i was in the hotel visiting friends that work there last week what is it you are worried about i will see if i can help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.