Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Perhaps you could e-mail the hotel and ask your question direct.

The e-mail address is bookings@spain-hoteles.com and if you put Hotel Playa La Arena in Tenerife in the subject line and then ask your question.

I found the web site and it mentions towels in there
Playa Arena Hotel
Yes you get Big blue "Spring Hotel" ones

Wanna buy some? :oops: :)
Oh no, you didn't!!!

I read somewhere that they are supplied with all the other extras if you upgraded but wasn't sure if you still get them with a standard room.

Is it okay for me to ask you a couple of questions about the hotel???

Karen
...Oh yes we did!

Are you saying you have been there and didn't get them or that you have read you don't get them?

I often pop into this hotel on a weekend and everyone round the pool has Spring hotel branded blue towels as on par with the other Spring hotels.

We stayed at this hotel before moving out here and we booked standard rooms and got pool towels in our room at the time :wink:
Thanks for that. Save room in the case!!

My hubby & I are going with our boys 6 & 4. Is there a shallow area of the pool for my 4 year old to stand in and splash etc?

What did you think of the hotel??? You can be really truthful, it's fine. I cant change it now anyway.

Karen
This one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. (and we've been to many!)

You will not have to get up early to grab a lounger by the pool as there is a 10% over capacity of sunbeds to guests. There are plenty of places to escape the pool edge and any breeze that may be blowing.

The two pools are fab and kids (and adults) will love the water slide.

This hotel is very swish and still feels new. The grounds are stunning especially by the glass lifts that take you down to the street by the waterfall.

The rooms have large balconies with a full width sun blind to wind out. all balconies are decorated with masses of hanging flowers.

You can choose to eat outside for both Breakfast and dinner, weather permitting.

You should enjoy this one.
8)
Hi Makum110

Thanks for that. Sorry haven't replied earlier, I've not been able to get on this site for some reason.

You've been a great help.

Karen
I was interested in the Barcelo Santiago, but apparently the rooms are not really big enough for 3 adults and the sofa bed is not good. We will have our teenage son with us. So now looking at the Playa La Arena Hotel. Can anyone advise on their rooms and how they sleep 3? Camp bed, sofa bed or proper extra bed? Comfortable?
Hi mehmeh ... while you wait for replies to those specific questions, we also have some reviews of this hotel which you may like to take a look at ... please click here.

David :wave
you may find the information on ther website at springhoteles.com
Thanks David and becca, I have checked reviews and hotel website, but they didn't help!
Going back to one of Karen's questions about the pool, one thing that was a pain when our children were younger (and shorter !!) was that, for a modern hotel, the pools are not zero entry and the only place they could stand up was on the steps.

Regarding the 3rd bed, it's a sofa bed. Even when we had a junior suite last year, it was still a double sofa bed for the children. Pronounced comfy by them, but might not be so good for a teenager.
Crockett - thanks for the info.
Hi ,

I have book flights for 20th October and am narrowing down hotels, I am looking at Playa la arena hotel to book DIY but it seems to be a it more than i want to spend - prices direct with hotel are around £1000 for 1 week HB (2 adults 2 kids).

Can anyone advise if any companies they have used int eh past that have offered good prices - or am I being naive, is this what I should expect to pay??

I have alos so looked at Lagos de Cesar hotel AI (also 4 star but doesnt look anywhere near as impressive) however it is half the price.

Any feedback/comments/ help!!! would be gratefully appreciated.

Thansk in advance

Christine
which hotel are you looking at booking and i'll take a look for you
Hi there...Yes you will find cheaper hotels but I would say Spring Hoteles who run the Playa Arena are really excellent..I haven't stayed at the Playa Arena but look at the reviews for their other 3 hotels in Tenerife ..Bitacora, Vulcano & Gran Arona and you will see they get really good feedback...If you can stretch to the extra it might be worth paying rather than being disappointed in other hotels..Good luck!
I was shown around the Playa Arena a few years ago a just before it was due to be opened and I thought it was most impressive. A lovely hotel with lots of facilities. I also had a look at the Lagos de Cesar which looked nice though I remember that some of the rooms didn't have much of a view at the back but there was really no comparison. If it price that is more important then the Lagos de Cesar wouldn't be a bad choice but if you want more luxury and facilities I would go for the Playa Arena. Hopefully wicked chris will have more up to date info. for you.
Hi we paid around £800 for the Playa de la Arena half board for 2 adults and 2 kids with relaxabroad.com.The Playa de la Arena hotel is a nice hotel I don't know about the other hotel Lagos de cesar but normally you get what you pay for. Have you thought of going to Costa Adeje because there are some reasonable 4* hotels in that area.
Although with most hotels it's generally cheaper to book with agents such as alpharooms, the three times we've stayed at the Arena we've found it cheaper to book direct with Spring and they also throw in your transfers if you stay 7 nights or more. Unfortunately I think you may just be a victim of the poor pound/euro exchange rate at the moment.

Never really liked the look of that Lagos de Cesar and it always seems to have availability when everyone else is fully booked, which should tell you something. The Arena, however, is an excellent hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.