Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Welcome to the forums Alison. While you wait for some feedback on those specific questions, you can read our reviews of the hotel by clicking HERE.

David :wave
We've been to the hotel 3 times now with our children (11 & 9) and always had a terrific holiday. The hotel is very good quality with lovely pools and terrace, decent buffet food and the resort is small but pleasant.

Can't comment on the kids club, as our two have never been interested, but they did enjoy the outdoor (but covered) bouncy castle and soft play area and also the mini golf, to the rear of the hotel. The water slide is also a bonus.
One big plus about this hotel is that even when packed (at xmas), there are always spare sunbeds at any time of day and plenty of space on the terrace. We would definitely recommend it and would happily return, but for the fact that we've probably done it to death.

BUT....we've been lucky enough to visit the Caribbean twice this year and much as I love the Canaries, the Caribbean, for me, is unbeatable. I think for starters you would miss the beach and warm sea with the watersports. Then there's the quality all-inclusive you get at an Iberostar, with the choice of restaurants and cocktails with premium brand liquor. Plus the Star Friends entertainment takes some beating. The Dom Rep will cost more but you can't beat the sights, sounds, sea and sand of the Caribbean, my wife even says the smell is wonderful !! The shorter flight to Tenerife is undoubtedly a bonus, but I think with long haul you always feel you're off somewhere exotic (which you are).

We'd love to try the Dom Rep ourselves, it's only the need for malaria protection that puts us off (appreciate I may have wandered slightly off topic here !!).
Just noticed on the Spring Hoteles website that they will no longer manage this hotel from May 1st.
Anyone know who the new owners are ?
Just spotted that it's new owners are Oasis Hotels & Resorts.
Let's hope they keep up the excellent standards that Spring set.
Hello, we are due to go here in October, has any body been there in the past few week to know what it is like now the new owners have it?
Dave.
We are toying with going here for a quick 5 day break in October. Trip Advisor have some recent reviews. It does look very nice!

Lou
Hell lou_uk, have had a look on the T A site and it does have some up to date one's some good and some not so good, well its all booked and paid for so will just have to hope that it is O,K. I will put a post on when I get back one way our the other.

Dave.
We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it was really good then.

It would be appreciated if anyone returning soon could update our Hotel Reviews site.

luci :wave
Hello, anybody know of any good bars near this hotel, although we will be A I we still like to get out at night for a beer some were else for a bit.
:cheers Dave.
It is on the very edge of the resort and there weren't many bars near it when we were there, although there were one or two. A 10 minute walk will take you to a much busier area.

Well got back Friday night, and all I can say about this hotel is that it is one of the best we have stayed in. Food was first class, some thing for every one, have seen better entertainment but 5 of the 7 night were ok. No trouble with the sunbeds and two good sized pools, last of all never seen a cleaner hotel it was spotless.

Dave.
Glad to hear that they are keeping up their standards.

Wow no one else been since?
Oh well I'll be there in just over a week :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.