Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi chrisrhy ,
I dont know about hotels on the prom in Los Cristianos but when I go to Tenerife I stay in Las Americas in the Vulcano hotel which isn't on the prom but only a short way from it .The hotel has disabled rooms with walkin showers and if you look up the reviews you will see that it's a good hotel.Have a look at a map and you will see where the hotel is.
The arona gran also has disabled friendly rooms.
Thanks Ill check them out. Fancy all inclusive but they seem to be away from the biz.
Hi, We stayed at the Arona Gran last November in a wheelchair accessible room. It had one of the best bathrooms I have ever had. The food was fantastic and we would definitely go again. The downside of the hotel is it is a long way from the centre (just about as far as you can go on the promenade) and the view isn`t great, being on a rocky part of the beach but the hotel and food makes up for it.
We hired a powerchair from Orange Badge, who are a fantastic Company. A powerchair will get you a lot further than a scooter and we went to Playa de las Americas nearly every day along the promenade, all on the flat. Orange Badge also loaned us a key to the disabled toilets. There are two on the seafront between Los Cristianas and Playa. We had a great holiday and I highly recommend the Arona Gran!
sorry about that pm me if you want more details, Jackie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.