Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
You will find many concerned people asking the same question here - the general consensus of the posts is that the 22nd June appears to be the *official* opening date.
my in llaws recieved a letter saturday from portland saying that although the hotel will be opening on the 22nd, all the facilities (near enough!) will not be available, but they can use the Hotel Riu Arabella facilities and a bus will be put on. they have managed to transfer free of charge to the Arabella, however they other couple they are travelling with can not get a transfer and have to stay there, they travel on Wednesday the same day the hotel opens!
i have looked for reviews of the Arabella but can not find anything, anyone know about it?
There are a few reviews HERE.
:P

I too am another worried holiday maker heading to the bolers - we fly out on wednesday 6th for 2 weeks

I had e-mailed Thompsons and about my concerns following receipt of a letter advising of ongoing works and facilities unavailable. I have received a response email today confirming that the resort office staff who have been to the hotel have advised that it is of excellent standard and that it is not expected that guests will be disturbed during the completion of the remaining facilities

I am not going to swap hotels so will try to post my views of the hotel on my return on 21st July
has anyone got any information about this hotel going on the 10th aug would be really grateful for any information. thanks gail
Hi gail,

I haven't saw any news on this site so far about this Hotel .... but a lot on this one ... http://www.beachbulgaria.com/sunnybeach/index.shtml

Go into the forum on that site and search the hotel name ... theres quite a long thread about it on there :)

Hope this helps

Trish
If anyone has been to this hotel please add a review here
Hi
We have had a letter from Portland stateing that the Riu Bolero is no longer a Riu Hotel as they have had disagrements with the management there im guessing it was a franchise and not there own hotel maybe ?..Has anyone else had the same letter and what your thoughts are...Its just that they take your deposit etc and there was 7 of us going then they turn round and say this.As a group we only ever go to Riu hotels as there standards are first class so it makes me wonder now if the standards there were not up to there normal high ones...Any comments would be gratefull.

Many Thanks

Phil
I think you're right about Riu operating a franchise system, but the Bolero itself gets good reviews, whilst Riu hotels as such don't always.

The dispute with Riu could be about anything, and I see no reason to worry about it at this stage.

Peter
Hi. I too would be very disapointed if I was told that the Riu hotel I'd booked was no longer a Riu hotel. We've stayed in their hotels in the Caribbean and in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria. We've also booked the Riu Tequila in Mexico for next year. We've always had high standards and great service and choose our hotels because they are Riu hotels. Nevertheless, I'm not sure what you can do about it now. I hope you have a great holiday regardless.
The Bolero is now managed by a company called "grifid", They are now also the management for the "Arabella" both in golden sands. We have just returned from Bolero after a week stay I must say there was not one complaint we found this hotel to be exellent in everyway. The entertainment could have been better. The bolero still has the RIU signs but the Arabella does not.
thanks for this info!!!
"El Bolero" was a huge subject last year in the beachbulgaria forum
(free airco = no windows) glad that everything is ok now.. hehe :yipee
I remember the problems well, which took place when it was under Riu management.

Peter
I cant imagine its a problem..we stayed there this year and couldnt believe the fantastic service from EVERYONE and all the facilities. Dont worry...just go..it will be fantastic whoever its owned by as it surely cannot have changed in such a short time. Value and service and facilities for money..its got to be hard to beat. ENJOY!!!!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.