Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi we have booked to go to this hotel on may 12th and we are unable to find any reviems on it can you advise what you saw and where.
Hi,

Look in the hotels reviews section under Tenerife then Tenerife Palace Hotel (RIU). There is also a few reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com. Did you book direct with the hotel?
The link to our reviews for this hotel is Click Here
Thanks for reply we booked with travel agent. Was origanally for july brought it forward to may. Not many reviews on it I will add one after our holiday.
I stayed at the Riu Arecas which is next to the Riu Palace and was able to use the facilities of both hotels. Both excelllent, well run and in a nice location.

The only problem that we had was that when we were dropped at the hotel we found out that Portland-Direct/Thomposn had not booked our room and the hotel was full. This had happened to three other couples on that day, this is not uncommon and is the latest way for travel companies to get your money and then put you in a different hotel which is not doing very well.

Because we refused to move and because Riu Arecas found us a suite we stayed there for the week and paid the extra which we are now trying to get back from Portland-Direct/Thompson.

Suggest that you email the Riu Palace and confirm that your room is booked and then have a good holiday.
Thanks for advising to email prior to holiday, can you advise how to get hotel email address. Glad to hear hotel nice, we have stayed in a Riu previously it was in mexico and it was trully fantastic.
Email address is palace.tenerife@riu.com
To see more details on hotel the web site is http://www.riu.com/index.php
Thanks for email and hotel website, have sent email to confirm booking
had reply from hotel saying not got details of our booking, do you think it to early to panic or should we tell travel agent
Got tickets for 12th May so emailed hotel again to check if they had now recieved booking, they replied saying they had. How relieved are we after reading previous posts of hotel being overbooked and having to be moved elsewhere also thought would ask for upgrade on room which they will try but cannot guarantee. Can anyonr comment on rooms etc
See the hotel reviews section or visit Tripadvisor.com for comments on the hotel.Thanks
nothing on hotel section and can t access any reviews on tripadvisor either, was able to view the hotel though.
Thanks for that overall sounds good, will put in hotel review on our return.
cm .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing thread, which also includes a link to our reviews page for this hotel.

David :wave
Splendid German owned resort hotel. You should not be disappointed, good choice, if not expensive! It's located at the extreme end of Costa Adeje, near the village of La Caleta. Too far to walk into Playa de Las Americas, but you will probably have all-inclusive arrangements and will not want to leave the hotel compound. Hire a car and escape to see splendour of the rest of the island. It probably hasn't changed much from the 90's, but the roads will be noticeably better.
Anyone else going to this hotel this year!? Cant wait to go, just saving the beer pennys up thr now thou! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.