Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
sorry we do not currently have any reviews on this hotel,

In Greece and Cyprus cats are not kept as pets [as we do in the UK] although most are friendly they are feral and are tolerated by the locals as they help to keep down the numbers of pest such as mice and roaches

Yasus
wizard
They used to cull all the stray dogs at the end of the tourist season in Corfu a number of years ago. Not sure if that still happens.

We found a stray with a paw ripped open in Corfu during one holiday so we took her back to our apartment, cleaned and dressed the wound and she slept on the rug at the side of my bed for the remainder of the evening. Then we asked the girls from the First Choice office to keep an eye on her so the dressing could be changed until it was fully healed.

One stray dog was adopted by the office staff and "Ella" used to come out on the weekly bar crawl night with the reps and visitors.

I haven't stayed at the hotel you asked about but TA seem to like it...
I saw some cats in Rhodes Town when I was there in May, but none seemed to be strays, and there were far fewer than I saw in Crete a couple of years ago.

As for dogs, there were a few rather mangey muts 'guarding' a transport depot outside Rhodes Town on a side road .. mostly lying in the middle of the road ..., but I didn't come across any others when we visited Rhodes Town or when we toured the island by car.

Sorry I can't help with the hotel, as I didn't stay here. I hope you have a lovely time though!
been having a punt around, cant tell you much,
the hotel holds a Greek tourist board rating of 2star,
it was refurbished in the last few years,
it is basic but comfortable, and has more good to excellent reviews on the web than bad
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
been having a punt around, cant tell you much,
the hotel holds a Greek tourist board rating of 2star,
it was refurbished in the last few years,
it is basic but comfortable, and has more good to excellent reviews on the web than bad

yasus
wizard
Thanks all for the info.....bless you Cyprus 100, how kind you were to the stray :) Any more info much appreciated :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.