Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Ok, well i lived at Solemar for a while so know it quite well. I'd say it's far from the best you'll find on Rhodes but it's friendly and good value for money. Rooms are small and basic but clean. The hotel is set back a little from the road but it is a busy main road, so if you think the noise might be a problem put in a request for a quiet room. The public areas are nice - there's a pleasant bar/lounge and swimming pool with a decent snack bar. I've heard a few complaints about meals but i rarely had a problem (guess it depends how fussy you are), it's a bit repetitive is the worst i'd say. It's central in Ixia so nothing in the resort is more than a short walk away.

May is a pleasant time to visit as days tend to be warm and sunny but not uncomfortably hot. As you're on the breezier west coast of the island you might find it a bit cooler at night so i'd take a light jacket for the evening.

As for things to do in Rhodes for a family - i guess it depends on the age of your children and your interests, hiring a car for 2/3 days is a good way to see the island. Rhodes Town is only a short bus or taxi ride from Ixia and there's lots to explore there, especially around the Old Town area. There's a very good waterpark, go karts and a small amusement park in Faliraki. Lindos is a great day out and the boat trip from Rhodes Town is very popular with families. That's just a few ideas - there's plenty of other sites/attractions you might enjoy, if you want to know more just ask :D
thanx for feedback marcuschap72...cheers
Hi went to the Solemar in August this year..The room we had was ok nice sea view..Shower a bit dodgy seem to run out of hot water after about 9pm.. Ixia is a very small resort and we found it too quiet and a little bit boring..One bar was ok Velois..Rhodes town is a short bus ride away..The old town is lovely with good shopping..Personally would not return to Solemar or Rhodes again.Much prefer Turkey...
any members able to offer updated reviews please use this link

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.