Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
We'll try and find you a cake shop!

Our son, Luke, is also 3 and I'm sure he'll enjoy helping your son eat his birthday cake on the 20th!
Abe Frohman, if you catch the courtesy mini bus into Punta Prima, the mini golf is there, opposite the mini train.
Have a fab time
christine w wrote:
Abe Frohman, if you catch the courtesy mini bus into Punta Prima, the mini golf is there, opposite the mini train.
Have a fab time

Brilliant, thanks for that.
I've just read this thread right from the beginning, only just under 3 weeks until we go and I'm so looking forward to it!

Just a couple of questions from reading here - I haven't read about an a la carte menu, and we have booked with Thomsons. Does anyone know if this has started?

Where is the best place for car hire?

I'm really hoping as we are a family of 5 we will get a bungalow!
Rach131, we hired a car from Punta Prima, it was near the mini golf/mini train. We were very happy with the car and the service we recieved. Great thing we found about them was that we could leave a deposit in euros rather than a credit card, oh is always worried about having to do this and being ripped off.
I've received a tip that the "in song" is "Sunshine for me, Sunshine for you".

Its on you tube - you will easily find it buy typing in the name of the hotel or the song itself.

Its quite catchy but then again i've only heard it 5 times so far. By June 22nd when I have heard it over 50 times, my view may be slightly different.

:)
I don`t dance or sing but I joined in most nights it`s that catchy. The kids love it.
christine w wrote:
I don`t dance or sing .........

Neither do I - I am allergic to dance floors!

:)
Does anyone know if there is much to do at the hotel or locally if it rains?! I'm getting slightly nervous about the weather!
rach131 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is much to do at the hotel or locally if it rains?! I'm getting slightly nervous about the weather!

Judging by the forecast for next week (http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Mahon-SPXX0051 or http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:SPXX0051 or http://www.zoover.co.uk/spain/menorca/playa-de-punta-prima/weather?scr=1), you shouldn't need to worry!
Hi

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 Children aged 10 and 12. We are due to go to this hotel on the 16th July and I can't wait.

Hopefully we have booked a 2 bed bungalow!! I say hopefully, because we booked with an online company called Uk travel shop. Everything was fine until the comfirmation arrived in the post, and all it said was that a 2 bed bungalow was requested and that special requests were not guaranteed!!

I rang the company who assured me that we definately had booked a 2 bed apartment, but were very reluctant to send me revised documents stating this!!!

Eventually they did, but only after several phone calls and me getting very stroppy!!!

Maybe I'm too cynical. and to be honest I'm so excited about going that I don't really care if we sleep in a tent! :)
I hope everyone here has a fab holiday

Sue

P.S. Does any one know if the bungalows have a kettle?
hi , can you let know how good hols are when you return, we go [myself,wife and 10year old]on august 1st ,cant wait!!!I went into travel agents to try and get 2 bed bungalow,no chance as only 3 of us,have a good trip.
Woohoo, I collected my tickets today!

I checked my booking form and it says 2 bedroom suite, the travel agents said today it sounds as if we have an apartment or bungalow :)

I'm now getting obsessed with checking weather sites!
Me again!

I've just been reading reviews on the Thompson site.

Last year someone posted that under 6's aren't allowed in the big pool, even with an adult! Does anyone know if this is correct? I hope not as our kids are 8, 6 and nearly 3, I'm sure the older 2 won't want to be in the baby pool all the time!
rach131 wrote:
Last year someone posted that under 6's aren't allowed in the big pool, even with an adult! Does anyone know if this is correct? I hope not as our kids are 8, 6 and nearly 3, I'm sure the older 2 won't want to be in the baby pool all the time!

I'll find out tomorrow when we arrive at the resort!

I read somewhere that sub-bed reserving is also not allowed but you know what the Brits are like (We pretend its the Germans!). ;)

I'm not sure how exactly their going to police such a restriction on the pool though.

For instance, does a kid aged 5 and 51 weeks have to wait for the 2nd week of his hol when he turns 6? I doubt that it would be possible to actually oversee such a "ruling" so I wouldnt be too bothered about it.
You will all have a great time at Sur Menorca...its really great for kids.

Crazy golf, walk down into Punta Prima (its only 10 mins) lovely walk. As well as the crazy golf course there is a water complex designed for small children there, plus a bar serving drinks and snacks :cheers

Also a bit further down the road is a park with swings etc, there is a noddy train that will take you down but we walk down and get the noddy train back.

This train will also take you the other way to Binebequer Vell, here there is a renovated Morrocan style village...not much there for kiddies!! BUT if you get off the train half way there is a lovely beach, it has a decent toilet block, bar etc. You can get food, ice-creams and off course drinks. :cheers This beach is very safe for the littliest tots.

Punta Prima beach is also really nice. if you get the chance though get out and about and see the rest of this fab island. The buses stop right outside the hotel...so if you dont want to hire a car you can get to most of the other tourist beaches on the bus.

We have been going to this hotel every year for the last 10 years, always hire a car and go off the beaten track. In fact my daughter, her husband and 3 year old son are off next friday..yep even my grown up kids love it :tup

If anyone has any questions on this resort I will be happy to answer...as I said its like a second home to me ;)
That is all really helpful fidget, thanks! Sounds like theres a few things about for the kids to do. I've seen a nice picture of Binebequer beach, so I'd like to go there too.

Any other info on the hotel would be much appreciated, I've asked a few things on here and everyone seems very impressed. We go a week tomorrow! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.