Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Last October when I was there it was plastic during the day around the pool. At night it was glass.
Echo what christine w said.

We are going June 8th for the 3rd visit, might see you there davidstoncold!!!
I am so looking forward to going to this hotel!! It will be our first visit to Menorca,(normally go to Mallorca) so it will hopefully be a pleasant one. We were originally going to Bulgaria for a change, until we found out the Hotel we were going to nearly killed a woman by food poisoning, so severe, left her disabled and in permanant pain........ we very quickly re-booked!! I am going with Mrs Woman and my 12yr old girl and 8 yr old lad, who is 9 while we are there. (Can you buy birthday cakes in Menorca?!) Do you know if the hotel have child minding facilities as I would like to take Mrs Woman for a slap up meal, as we normally do when we go abroad.

Edited by Biff
Hi fidegt, must be a nice hotel/resort if your going there for the third time. My parents go there this monday, so i will be phoning them on a regular basis for reviews because i go there in august for the first time in Punta Prima cant wait.
Hotel as far as I know dosen`t have childminding facilities but your kids will be so busy that you could have a meal in peace. Snack are on several times a day or you could give the kids their tea first as they have a kids selection on early, you could then nip back in for yours as they will be kept well entertained , there`s a football pitch withn site of the restraunt , you could even look out of the window and see them.
Well done on changing from Bulgaria you won`t be dissapointed, the hotel is quite secluded but make sure you get out an about, mini bus into Punta Prima and a local bus into Mahon via Santa Luis all worth a visit.
As for a cake there`s a few shops in Punta Prima that you might get one from or ask the hotel I`m sure they will sort one out for you.

I`ve been on lots of holidays but the one at the Sur Menorca has been the best so far. Reason being our 7 year old was so busy and he enjoyed it that much that it made our holiday.

Enjoy your hols

Christine
Hiya, we are interested in booking this accomodation for October half term.
The problem that we have is that our kids are 13 & 15 so they aren't exactly toddlers!! Basically, we don't really want to be all holed up in one room but at the same time, they aren't old enough yet to be in a room by themselves.
The room selection online with Thomas Cook offer 1 room that sleeps 4 to 5 people, can anyone tell me if this selection means the mentioned bungalows?
Many thanks for any help.
When we were there last October we spoke to 3diferent families who all had 2 adults and 2 children in their party,all of them had been allocated bungalows.

Or you could email the hotel first, if you google club hotel Su Menorca, you will get on to thier website can contact them via thier website.

Good Luck, you won`t be dissapointed.
We go august and there's 5 in my brother's party 2 adults, 3 children and they are not sure if they are going to be in a room or a bungalow. If i'm not mistaken the ground floor rooms are bigger than the rooms above.
Many thanks for the replies.Jonah & Christine.
This place does seem to be a little treasure, the reports that are coming back, not just on this website but others too are brilliant.
I'm going to go in to Thomas Cook tomorrow to see what they say and I'll let you know.
Regards
Can anyone advise what TV channels are available in the hotel? Primary reason is I want to keep up with the England cricket score in the Test against India!!! :roll:
Hi ivyann, every hotel/apartments i've stayed at in menorca have had bbc news 24 so you should be ok with the latest updates on the cricket. There should be a bar in punta prima with skysports you could take a break from the sun and watch it live.
Hello christine w, fidget

Did either of you notice any where to hire a car in punta prima, or can you order from hotel. Thanx
Jonah, when in August are you descending on Punta Prima? We fly out on the 8th for a fortnight. Meet for a beer perhaps?!
Sounds good ivyann up for a beer anytime, we fly out on the 10th for 2 weeks first rounds on me cos im all inclusive :lol:
We hired a car from Punta Prima, it was a small place opposite the crazy golf near to where the mini train departs. We were very happy with the service, we didn`t have to leave a credit card imprint we left a 100 euros deposit, which we had no problem getting back at the end of our rental. We hired it for 3 days at a reduced rate as it was the end of the season, it was half the price of eurocar which has a desk in the hotel.

It`s fantastic having a car, there`s plenty of space to park around the hotel and in each resort. If you travel through the middle of the island it is beautiful, it`s like the lakes/yorkshire dales but with sunshine. We called in at lots of different resorts, the nicest beach we found was at Arenal Castell, very calm water. All the other were good but I think for October and the current weather that was the best beach for us. Santa Luis is worth a visit, it`s only a few miles from the hotel.
Hi Christine W

Thanks for the info - it's really useful. We are planning a three day hire and for one of our trips we planned on going to Arenal D'en Castell as we like the look of the beach and thought we would check it out too!

Were the roads busy and easy to navigate?
The roads were quiet apart from the ones in and out of Mahon. From what I can remamber (oh, drove, I navigated) there`s a main road through the middle of the island and the northern resorts branch off from there. The scenery along this road was breathtaking. I have always thought that if I lived in Spain I would miss the greenry of our counrtyside.The centre of Menorca is very similar to our countryside, they even have freisian cow, which produce excellent cheese.
Hotel Sur Menorca has a very good cheese selection on the buffet. They also produce gin in Menorca. Before I went there I wasn`t into Gin but I had one or two in the hotel they were very nice but I did ask for them weak.Talking of food at the hotel be sure to try the fish, again I wasn`t a fish lover but the fish was superb, especialy one called red scorpian.

I am going to Ibiza this year but I am planning on returning to the Sur Menorca next year, it`s fantastic. You will have a fabulous time.
Sounds good ivyann up for a beer anytime, we fly out on the 10th for 2 weeks first rounds on me cos im all inclusive

So am I so I'll pay for dinner!! :lol:

Shall we wear a red rose so we can spot each other?!

Alternatively I'll be the one with a cricket hat on and a San Miguel/Estrella in my hand!! 8)

Am I correct in believing the nearest ATMis on Avenida de la Pau in San Luis?
So am I so I'll pay for dinner!

DEAL

You won't miss me i will be the 1 wearing a VILLA top with a bottle of San Miguel, then the Villa top will be put away to save any more embarrassment.

Regarding the ATM i thought you said you was All Inclusive - Ha Ha !

Not sure about the ATM, but you might be right about San Luisi - will look out for the cricket hat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.