Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Jockchris, yes I will definately report back. I'm kind of thinking the same now, that the 2nd time it won't live up to the same as before. Its the first time we've ever gone back to the same place twice. We only did so as we were getting so stressed trying to find a holiday, and knew the Sur Menorca was good.

So can you use the pool at the Barcelo? But only have to buy a drink?!
Rach,

I'm sure that no-one monitors you so buying a drink isn't compulsory - more courteous.

My message was purely the reluctanct purchase given that the same drink is free at the Sur Menorca!

On a serious note, a week has now passed since we got back and I now know I'd rather be there than home!

I guess you can have too much of a good thing!

You will enjoy it, I am sure.
Maryb, I remember many, many years ago (around 30 :yikes ) my first visit to Menorca was the Pueblo hotel (Barcelo). I remember a lovely typically Menorcan whitewashed hotel and have very fond memories...I was so shocked to see the pictures of what they have done to it! What on earth were they thinking? Admittedly the rooms and pools look lovely but it must look so out of place, I am tempted to visit when I go to Cala Galdana next month just to see it for myself!
Abe,

I think we have our wires crossed! I'm not worried even if we did have to buy a drink! Was just checking what I thought I had read...I've read so many sites/reviews the past few days that my brain is starting to frazzle!

Getting close now. Been and bought new suitcases today as last year ours were too heavy, so extra needed!
Hiya, well we are home again!!

Jockchris..as promised I am reporting back!!

After reading Abe's report I was quite worried & agree that a 2nd visit can be not as good as the first!

Firstly - the entertainment. There are 3 entertainers - Jenni, Pascal & Jess (who had only been there 10 days) They did a fantastic job, and are really lovely people. What you need to remember is that the previous entertainers had been there a few seasons, so of course things would be different. And seeing as there are only 3 of then, it's not possible to go off and do the kids clubs due to numbers. They got everyone involved, always had a smile and would chat to us even when not working.

The sunbed and restaurant situation was the biggest pain for me this year. Obviously as its July it was v busy, and we didn't experience the same in June last year. At night there would be a queue to get into the restaurant, once in there people would push and shove there way around the food, whilst tutting if anyone got in there way. Crazy.

The sunbed circus was funny, people getting up so early to get a bed, and reserve their spots. I felt ashamed to be doing the same...but needs must!!

The hotel was very full, and yet they have cut back on staff due to the recession. We still found everyone to be helpful and friendly though, we also got our apartment after some pleading at reception, and the receptionist remembered us from last year!!

We made some fantastic friends..the weather was brilliant (apart from 2 days of cloud!)

So all in all, it's still the same. Go and have a fab time, I wish I was still there, despite the busyness!!

My kids already want to go again next year, but I really want to try somewhere else, and go back in a couple of years.
thanks rach for your comments, we go on friday for 2 weeks,my daughter is too old for kids club so no probs there only really concerned about size of queues as we went last year at approx same time and they were manageable.Last year sunbeds were locked up until 8 am which was fair,I dont think it matters where you go in the med during school hols its always going to be busy.thanks again
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Rach.

Ours is a distant memory now having been back a month, still, we're off to Mojacar, Almeria (if its not been burnt down) in 19 days time to top up our tans!
We are going for the hat-trick in 2011.

I hope it's not changed much since 2009!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.