Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Gold n Black, well if we meet for a drink i will just have to wear a disguise to save me any further embarrassment Ha Ha

Instead of my Villa top for recognition i will be carrying a TESCO carrier bag :lol:

We are flying from East Midlands which is only 40 minutes away, but will have to get hotel / parking due to an early flight.
Hotel Sur Menorca has a very good cheese selection on the buffet.

Mrs Ivyann will be pleased about that! She told me that there is a cheese producer that does tours of its factory, that she intends to go to. (Alaior?)

Think we'll do it on the way to Ciutadella.

Ivan
Ciudadela is well worth the visit, lovely harbour with plenty of restaurants and shops. There's also a nearby beach, we visited Ciudadela a few times last year while staying at Cala 'n Bosch.

We are hiring cars out for 3 days to venture out to see more of the island, been told Arenal d'en Castell is very nice.

There is also a train that takes you to Binibeca beach (apparently) from the Hotel Sur Menorca.
I found no mention on the First Choice website, so can anyone who has been to the hotel tell me whether thay have bikes we can use or would we have to hire from Punta Prima?
I can answer my own question!!
Found more details about the hotel from a German site. Seems they do hire out cycles!! :)
jonah126, there is a noddy train that runs from the Hotel to Binebeca, it also goes down to Punta Prima beach, I think the last train back is 10.15pm from the beach to Sur Menorca Hotel.
Thanx fidget, seen some pictures of Binibeca and it looks very nice did you vist while you where there.

Did you say you went to the Sur Menorca this month - what was the weather like.
Weather was fantastic.
We went down to Binebeca on the Noddy train, then got Noddy train back as far as Binebeca Vell. There is a lovely bay there, with a beach bar. Then walked back to Sur Menorca from there. Its not a bad walk along the coast road.
What was the food like was there lots of variety for both adult and child.
Food was great, plenty of choices.

Also if your fully AI you can eat all day, when the restraunt is closed the snack bar seems to open!!

We had a toddler with us so ate early each night (7pm), then we walked down to Punta Prima, toddler came back to Hotel on Noddy train at 10.15 with his parents, me and husband walked back later on. Really good pavements and street lighting, quite a pleasant walk.
Hi fidget / christine w, been told if you plan to go outside the Hotel grounds for long periods of time Beach etc, they make up a picnic box for you to take.

That walk to Punta Prima sounds nice i will be trying it out in 6 weeks :lol:
They will make up a picnic lunch for you to take out. You have to order it before 8pm the day before you need it.
Thanks that's good to know, do you know how the a la carte menu worked.
so pleased reading the reviews for this place :D will be there from 18-25 july with my 11 year old daughter, anyone else there at the same time :P
so pleased reading the reviews for this place will be there from 18-25 july with my 11 year old daughter, anyone else there at the same time

Unfortunately not but can you ask the waiter to save me and Jonah a nice table for our "blokes" meal and drink.
Merci bucket!! :lol:

Enjoy your break and remember to report back. I haven't looked forward to a holiday so much for ages!!
I didn`t see a a la carte menu when we were there, perhaps it`s something new this year. I wish we were going back to the Sur Menorca. Going to see if we can get in next year.
My apologies christine w, yes the A al carte is stated in the 2008 broucher :lol:
Am here at the moment if anyone has any queries just ask. After having no room available on arrival we are in a 2 bed 2 bath bungalow.......excellent. Weather is glorious, hotel is nice, entertainment a bit naff (as usual but hey!!), food is good and drink is flowing. Will be gutted to leave on Friday
Annie
Are they still singing sunshine for you sunshine for me?

Glad your enjoying it. Entertainment was typical hotels stuff but at least your sat outside. We really enjoyed it when we our son was so entertained mostly in the floodlite football court.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.