Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
yes we love sunshine for me, sunshine for you, but my personal favourite is the crazy disco bear
The girls are not impressed when I join in tho!!!
sorry Jonah forgot to add, yes the pool is right next door to the entertainment but dont seem to have seen manty concerned parents, if you sit in the main bar area it cant be reached easily so you should be ok. we go home tomorrow & no late check out rooms available.....boo
Thanks annie j, enjoy your last day and its rain for me, sunshine for you :lol:
You dont really need late checkout rooms here. There are shower rooms to freshen up etc.

No al a carte this year!! Perhaps its new for 2008??
Yes sounds like 2008 fidget, hoping it would be this year. Pity!
Hi fidget, is there skysports available at the hotel or do you need to go to Punta Prima, 4 weeks and counting :D
:D 3 weeks today!!! tickets came through yesterday, I think i was as excited as the kids!! Must say I have not looked forward to a family holiday this much for ages. Must be all the good reports and advice available on the t'internet these days! Feel like I've already been there! Spoke to a "dad" at my lads cricket club on Monday who said that last year was the first time he has not been to Menorca for 12 years!
Bring it on!! :lol:
Jonah Re Sky: Is one hoping to watch certain Claret and Blue bedecked Gentlemen per chance??!! Hopefully they have Eurosport aswell. I need my Cricket AND Motorbikes. Crickets covered really. Menorca Cricket Club are having an open day/allcomers matches, so Sam will get his fix of competitive leather whacking!!
Dont forget one's smoking jacket :lol: .

We had our tickets monday, checked for availabilty for the two weeks we are there and it's fully booked.
I clocked the fully booked stuff also. Always a good sign I think. I'm just hoping that if they are very full and as we are arriving mid-week, that we don't get the cockroach haven next to the kitchen bins!!!! (it happened once many years ago in Corfu..... PLEEEEAAASE never again!!) Crunchy Sandals anyone???

PS: Smoking Jacket pressed and ready to be Menorcas answer to Noel Coward. ( sue said more like Noel Edmonds :cry: ) Time for a Pimms Mr Jonah......?! :wink:
jonah126 you will be pleased to know that yes there is sky sports, there is a lovely TV lounge. There is also TV in the rooms but Im not sure if they had sky sports or not!!

ivyann you wont find any cockroaches at this hotel, promise :D

Also for a smashish kiddies pool, go round the side of the hotel there is a lovely pool for kiddies there and a safe play park.
PS: Smoking Jacket pressed and ready to be Menorcas answer to Noel Coward. ( sue said more like Noel Edmonds ) Time for a Pimms Mr Jonah......?!

No i will be more like Mr Blobby after two weeks of All Inclusive :D
Thanks for sky sports reply fidget, yes i've been told about the kiddies play area with pool, its just behind the tennis courts. Are there any sun beds situated around kiddies play area.
Yes theres sunbeds round that area and a lovely shower and toilet block.
Thanx fidget should have hours of fun there with the kids.

May i ask if you took a travel kettle, we will be taking ours for night + morning drinks but theres the issue of no fridge for milk etc.

Did you notice if the local supermarkets sold powder milk
got back on wed 25th (will do a review later) had a fab time, it really is as good, friendly, clean etc as everyone says.

if you wernt up by 7.45 am you missed out on a sunbed :shock: , it got to the point of rediculous :roll: it ment an early rise every day :roll: , by day 3 they started chaining up the sunbeds ( much to the annoyance of the life guard) and you had to queue from 8.30 am for them, much fairer in my opinion as some were claiming sunbeds at 6am then went off out for the day and didnt use them till after 2pm :evil:

you will have a fab hol here :P
Nice to here you've had a nice holiday we fly out on the 10th august. The sunbed issue isn't a problem for us but will concern the other party travelling. I think you get that problem at any resort usually ( Germans ) no offense to the Germans but its TRUE :D . Ozziebird was the weather kind for you cos i know mainland spain's been very hot.
jonah126, yes I took a travel kettle. I used to get a cup of milk from the bar last thing at night, it was fine then for a bedtime and morning cuppa.

As for pool sunbeds!!! Never spent time by main pool, better round the side of Hotel in kiddies area.

Have a great hol jonah126
the weather was extremely kind, we had 2 days of the sun in and out with cloud but it was so darn hot you were glad of the reprieve, almost shriveled up I sat in the pool so much :shock: :lol: brilliant sunshine the rest of the time, one day quite windy but it was so welcome :D
Is the reception area Wireless Internet quoted in the brochure free, or is there a charge? Just wondering whether or not to take the lap top to send E-postcards.
4 days to go!!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.