Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
definitely take a hotel in the city. It must be one on the skytrain route or close to the river. With a day, I would recommend you take the tourist boat. Using the skytrain, head for Saphan Taksin
skytrain website with map
I was going to say its the end of the line but I see they extended it last summer.
You stop is right at the pier.
There are several types of boats- you want the tourist one. It gives a running commentary. You can happily spend the day hopping on and off at the various stops. Recommended stops
Wat Arun( Temple of the Dawn)
Chinatown
Khao San road
Wat Pho( the reclining Buddha)
and an absolute must is the Grand Palace( allow a couple of hours there if you can)Its a huge, breathtaking complex

Have lunch on Khao San road or Chinatown
Even though you are only there a day invest in a good map.
We like Nancy Chandlers one. If you google the name you can order it online.
Can anyone recommend a decent hotel on the skytrain route for us to do a bit of sightseeing whilst we are in bankok for the day.

Under £50 per night if poss

Archiealan
On8 gets good reviews and is literally next to Nana Skytrain station.
See what the Dusit Thani and Anantara Baan Rajprasong are offering. I've stayed at both, preferred the latter, both were badly affected by recently problems (now completely over) and therefore I anticipate will offer some very good deals. If you can get either for below £50 they are good bets.

Both excellent skytrain access.
Thanks very much for your replies
Normally when in Bangkok we have stayed in the Asia Hotel but this time we decided to try somewhere else and what a good move it was, we booked the Holiday Inn, Silom we could not of asked for better this hotel is top class 5* to say the least, we got a fantastic deal for a three night stay, from the staff on reception right the way to the cleaners everyone was helpful, smiling and happy, the hotel is spotless the rooms out of this world, especially the bathrooms.

We shall definately be going back there. :tup

Mike
re Hotels... have a look at Aloft by W on Sukhumvit Soi 11. they are brand new and very stylish. Promotional rates at the mo and double Starwood points. A steal !! 5 mins walk from Nana Skytrain surrounded by good restaurants and pubs. I satyed 2 nights there last month and was delighted.
hi mike
hope your well
regarding holiday inn in bkk,is it quite central to shopping,restraunts as im going to stay for one day and night in april and want to do a bit in the day we have,not to travel too far
cheers
robbie
The Holiday Inn Silom is on the main Silom road leading to Patpong not as central as Sukhumvit, a great little hotel on Sukhumvit is On8 and is right near Nana Skytrain we stayed for 1 night in Nov and would highly recommend it.The Holiday Inn is also a great hotel we use that if only staying for the night.
;) We're there very soon...and staying for few nights at Lamphu Tree House on recommendation of Shirley V. Looking forward to it before we travel on - ShirleyV recommended a couple of fantastic hotels when we were travelling Cambodia.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.