Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thank you, just read/replied to this topic.
Have a look here Sarah . Taken from the maps of sharm sticky near the top of the Egypt forum index. 2nd link down

Hope this works http://www.sharmelsheikhrealestate.com/areas/nabq-bay

There are quite a few but a lot of these will be new so you would need to check reviews carefully . The most popular well established being , The tropicana grand azure (used to be the LTI), the holidy village and coral sea resort . There is also the laguna Vista & jaz mirabel (I think) .

Hopefully someone will confirm but I'm fairly certain those in the more central position would be the most favourable spot including tropicana, holiday village
Thank you I had a look at that map on the thread you mentioned earlier on today-It doesnt show where the shops/malls etc that were mentioned though

Sarah xx
Hi Sarah,

Think I replied to you on another forum ......

Laguna Vista Beach Resort and other resorts at either side are opposited a shopping Mall with bars/restaurants. However, the last time we were in Nabq Bay was Aug 07 and the Mall had only recetly been open, but am led to believe there are quite a few restaurants/bars around that area now. we are retuning in Aug, but staying at the Royal Grand Azure in Nabq Bay, but from what I'm led to believe, is at the opposite end of the resort with only a couple of bars outside ... one being a British pub showing football!!

Regards,
Pat
Thank you, yes I think you did.

I think Ive posted a message on here about the Laguna Vista beach as not sure who to book through, not sure if thomson does that hotel??
LOl Sarah ..... just replied to your other post!

Laguna Visat Beach Resort is bookable through Thomas Cook but not Thomson/First Choice.

Regards,
Pat
Haha! Thank you! Where did you say you had stayed at in Nabq bay that you could recommend?

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

As I've said above I have stayed at the Laguna Vista Beach Resort twice, but have booked to go to the Royal Grand Azure in Nabq Bay in August. It is also all inclusive with a choice of 3 a la carte restaurants, situated directly on the beach, several pools to choose from and is bookable through Thomson. It has only been opened for 2 years and gets very good reviews.

regards,
Pat
Ahh yes! The visit in August will be your fourth to Egpyt-is that right?

What did you think of the Laguna Vista-there are two of them, laguna vista beach and laguna vista gardens...They both look equally as nice and love the fact they look very traditional with their little huts as rooms!

Sarah xx
Hi again Sarah,

August will be our 6th trip to Egypt. We have also been to Makadi Bay (20 mins from Hurghada) twice. Personally, I prefer Makadi Bay, but my husband found it too quiet as everything in Makadi Bay is hotel based and there is nothing out side the hotels (Sahara Desert to the rear and beach to the front!)

Yes .. there is the Laguna Vista Beach Resort and The Laguna Vista Gardens. The Gardens side was open during our last visit (Aug 07) but never got a chance to have a look around it. However, it isn't beach front and is located across a busy duel carriage way from the beach resort. If you are thinking of the Garden side do bear in mind that it would take about 10/15mins to get to the beach ..... ( access will be through the beach resort) might not seems far but in temperatures of 40+ and also the fact that you have the duel carriageway in between!! Personally, the garden side wouldn't appeal to me ... but that is just my opinion. Should also add that when we stayed at the beach resort, guests who stayed at the garden side didn't have access to tp bars/restaurants at the beach side (apart from the beach bar) although that may well have changed since our last visit.

As said before the beach resort is stunning. When you walk into the reception area it has the WOW factor (reminds me of the Inidana Jones films!) There are several shops within the reception area and there are also guys who you can book excursion with. The hotel itself is very much Italian orientated, but it does have it's fair share of British people. Entertainment is was pretty low key (and Italian based) but it is much the same in any hotel that we have been to in Egypt. The main pool (which is large) was where the Italians congregated and the bottom pool (which is smaller) is where the British seemed to bathe around (known as the Brit pool LOL!) The Staff in general, were very friendly, although you do get the odd one that isn't very pleasant ... but you will get that anywhere.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,
Pat
Thanks again Pat! You've been very helpful! It must have been someone else who replied that waas going for the 4th time in August.

I love the little huts in the Laguna Vista Gardens they look as though they're all detached which does appeal to me some look as though there is 2floors which must be the duplex accomodation? Yes? Or are they 2 apartments one ontop of the other?

Huts

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g297555-d616886-w3-Laguna_Vista_Garden_Resort-Sharm_El_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html#26188415

Duplex?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g297555-d616886-Laguna_Vista_Garden_Resort-Sharm_El_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html#29930131

The one's in the Laguna Vista Beach are attatched to another one and also from the pictures on trip advisor it looks more apartment style a few altogether, if you know what I mean? More like staying in an actual hotel block?? Does that make sense? Unless they have the duplex/single hut style rooms also?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g297555-d316502-w4-Laguna_Vista_Beach_Resort-Sharm_El_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html#29562395

Ive also noticed you can have rooms with private pools-think they are shared between a few rooms? How would you request that if you wanted it? There are no options for that on the Thomas Cook website?

Room with pool

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g297555-d316502-w3-Laguna_Vista_Beach_Resort-Sharm_El_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html#28080047

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

The bungalows (huts) are semi detatched. We paid extra to get one of these on our first year. These can be booked as an upgrade through Thomas Cook. It you take the standard accommodation, this will be in the hotel side of the complex, which is located overlooking the top pool and the buffet restaurant. However, you maybe lucky and get allocation one of these huts on arrival without having to upgrade ....... a chance you take!

Yes, the duplex apartments are on two floors. As said on our 2nd year there, we booked directly with the hotel, and upgraded to the duplex apartments ...... think we paid around £140 extra for the 2 weeks, but that was going back to Aug 07. If you wanted one of these you could ask Thomas Cook about them, otherwise upgrade direct with the hotel when you arrive if there are any available.

Likewise, the rooms with their own pools, you could enquire with Thomas Cook, otherwise try upgrading when you get there. We did contemplate booking one of these rooms on our second visit, but to be quite honest, they don't really get used, and are quite shallow (if I remember correctly) Apart from that, you wouldn't get to meet new people.

If you do decide on a bungalow, you could request a bungalow opposite the lower pool, which is my opinion is the best location. Otherwise if you are thinking of a duplex ......... we requested room number 452 which is on the opposited side of the bungalows and is about 20 steps from the lower pool and opposite the bar .... which came in handy LOL!

Bets wishes,
Pat
Thank you I shall take note of that room number! I have realised I have a Thomas Cook store in my nearest Town so will ask in there next week! Thank you again for you all your help!
Does anyone know anything about the The Cleopatra Luxury Resort . A friend of my sons girlfriend is just about it book it . nabq Bay apparently and going by the pictures looks like beach front . I can't see it on the map and apparently new last year but wondering if it's an older one re-branded.

Reviews look mostly good and she has been seduced by the pictures but I've warned that they all look good in the pictures.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.