UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Off the top of my head I can't think of hotels in or near East Ham, have you google premier Inn or travel lodge. They are many of them dotted around east London so you may come up trumps. I afraid to say its an area of London I avoid like the plague.
Most of the hotels in the area only do twin or double rooms, Premier Inn as previously mentioned do rooms with a double and a single(family rooms) but limit the 3rd occupant to up to 16yrs old.
I don't know what time of day the wedding is but last year we attended a wedding in Hackney which is the same general area, on a Saturday and chose to drive there from Romford where we were staying, it was a nightmare with traffic jams and then a problem finding parking. I would advise using a taxi and/or trains from your hotel if parking isn't provided at the wedding venue.
If you can't find anything in the area you may have to look further east towards Ilford/Romford/Dagenham or pay London prices by booking a triple room nearer the city.
The Holiday Inn London - Stratford, Olympic park Newham E20 has a double bed with sofa bed in their Executive King Room. No idea of price as don't know the dates, but the lady in the chat message box said its ok for 3 adults.
I'm not familiar with the area so am going on Newham in the address, there's triple and quadruple rooms here

http://www.ruskinhotels.co.uk/
They Ruskin looks like an excellent option, if it's near the high street could be within walking distance.
Also maybe look at the hotels around canary wharf, a nicer area to go out for a meal, drink and a walk along the river. You could the get the tube or taxi to the venue.
Thanks everyone for your help. Guess I know what I'll be doing over the next few days with the suggestions you've given me. Someone else has suggested looking at the Holiday Inn so I'll add that to the list. It is difficult when you have absolutely no idea of the area at all. If it had been north London, not a problem. Maybe I should suggest to the couple they move their wedding north !!!!!
If you are not fussed to stay in Stratford itself and don't mind a few stops on the Central Line to get too and from the venue, there is a Premier Inn in Buckhust Hill. You can walk to the tube (15 mins) but wouldn't want to in heels, and going down is ok but going home is up the hill and a pain unless you are mega fit and sober.

It also has a place attached for food - one of the chains. Buckhurst Hill to Stratford is about 7 stops on the tube and takes 20 mins.

There is also Packfords Hotel in Woodford Green, which is a small private hotel. You can walk to Woodford Central line easily (5mins) from it and that is 6 stops on the tube to Stratford, but I suspect it is more expensive than a Premier Inn.

Anywhere on the Eastern bit of the Central Line is good for Stratford. Most tube stations have cab offices virtually next to them.

Canary Wharf area is good for hotels, all sorts from basic to Crowne Plaza but a bit awkward by public transport to Stratford (you're not going to want to get on a red bus dressed up) so you would be best in a Black Cab if you stay in the Docklands area.
Newham Registry Office is actually in East Ham (Plashet Grove) which I once knew quite well but haven't been to for many years and it has certainly changed since then if the Ruskin Hotel is anything to go by, but it certainly isn't that near Stratford. The Ruskin is indeed your best bet, as if you Google it you will see it is in High Street North, very near Plashet Grove. If you stay anywhere else you will have to factor in the extra cost in time and money to get to the wedding.
Great minds think alike Aslemma,

Though I can highly recommend thePackford Hotel, it is family run, it was once owned by mt great, great uncle. Though has been passed down so still in the family.
Thanks again for the suggestions. The wedding isn't until the beginning of May and as yet we don't know where we will be going for afternoon tea so that could well be a factor in chosing where we will stay. However, I will have a look at the Ruskin as well as the other places and at least I'll have a head start when it comes to making the actual booking.
Sunshinehereicome wrote:
Great minds think alike Aslemma,

Though I can highly recommend thePackford Hotel, it is family run, it was once owned by mt great, great uncle. Though has been passed down so still in the family.

I went to a wedding in Packfords Hotel some years ago, and thought it really nice. :)

For some bizzare reason I assumed Newham Registry Office would be in Stratford, didn't realise it was in East Ham, so my advice may not be so good about staying along the central line Babs, I'm not too sure of hotels actually right in East Ham.

Doe :sun2
For some bizzare reason I assumed Newham Registry Office would be in Stratford, didn't realise it was in East Ham
It's surprising what you can find if you google it doe. :lol: Googling both the Registry Office and the Ruskin actually brought up little maps and you can see how close they are to one another.
Have a look at The Britannia International, Canary Wharf, unless it's too late. They do 3/4 beds to a room.
Decision has been made. As the majority of the family have plumped for the Holiday Inn Express in Stratford, it made sense for us to book there as well. It will be nice as there will be a crowd of us all in the same place!! Getting all of us up and moving on the Saturday morning should be interesting as some of the family are not good at getting up too early :)

Still waiting to hear where the afternoon tea will be held though. We think it may be near Liverpool Street Station, so once again, moving certain people could prove challenging. (Why do some people have absolutely no concept of time?) :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.