Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
To be honest £200 seems pretty cheap to me anyway for a week.

If you wish to check out cheaper prices go onto one of the OTA sites, like travel republic, onthebeach etc and search for hotels only in the Sharm el Sheikh resort. This will give you lots of prices to compare to see if you are paying an ok price for your week and your board.

In Sharm you tend to get what you pay for and personally having been four or five times, I wouldn't go too cheap. Many of the 3 star places are pretty rank.
Is that £200 per person or £200 for both of you?
Its £98 per person for that week. All Inclusive!

How can anyone think that you could do better?

Lets face it you could easily spend that on one day (lunch/evening meal/drinks/BB) in this country, so how do you think its expensive??
I agree with you Denny, it's as cheap as chips anyway !
That's so cheap! The resorts in Sharm are fantastic, but like doe said, the lower star hotels are not great. We stayed in a 4/5 star hotel when we went a couple of years ago and it was luxurious and not ridiculously priced, so well worth spending a little extra perhaps if you think it could be a dodgy place.
I've stayed in Delta Sharm several times, and it is no way "dodgy". Stars are awarded to hotels in Egypt based on facilities (not service) and Delta Sharm is a 4 (local) star, mainly because of its 12 pools; the food is standard all inclusive stuff, although you can go a la carte for not a lot. Room service is from the a la carte menu, delivered at no extra charge (!)
It is a big resort, well spread out, but you could try asking for a central apartment if you want to be close to the main pool & restaurant. There are a number of bars and restaurants on the complex which are not part of the AI package, but are very good value if you fancy a change. Any questions, just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.